Quantcast
Problems w/ Dunlop Classic Crybaby Wah - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Problems w/ Dunlop Classic Crybaby Wah
Old 4th February 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Angry Problems w/ Dunlop Classic Crybaby Wah

So, it was my understanding that this pedal is a fairly standard issue Crybaby. It's the mainline (not cheap "Original" Crybaby) price and it should be basically straight forward good reliable wah (Fasel inductor, to boot).

This pedal, one that I've fought for a couple years now, seems to go thru pots way too quickly. I have replaced the pot twice and it's gotten dirty again. I had a luthier friend get inside the pot (very difficult for the partial closed pot of Dunlop wahs) and clean it a bit. It was "pretty" solid for about two months, now it's dirty again.

Is this normal. Should I expect to replace the pot once a year. It's not expensive, my friends hook me up for like $10, but it's so damn inconvenient. IS THIS NORMAL?
Old 5th February 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
No one???
Old 19th August 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
You shouldn't need to go through pots that quickly at all - pots like this should last a very long time.
Definitely something wrong there...
I am afraid I have no idea what!
Sorry for being fairly useless!
Deleted User
that does sound odd.. I have gotten Dunlop replacement pots that were scratchy right out of the shrink wrap..but in general I think 2-3 years of regualar use min..

is the pot slamming into the end of its rotation? is the tension thingie too tight? do you leave it in your car trunk a lot? ..

if it could be cleaned it was not wear it was deposites.. humidity heat contaminations ???
Deleted User
second thought .. friend hookup for 10$??? ..what kind of potentiometer is that.. the gear can be put on almost any pot .. but it should be sealed.. some of the aftermarket pots are open and prone to contamination

try a 100K hotpotz

Last edited by rogerbrain; 19th August 2009 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: spelling
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…