Quantcast
Electronics HELP! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Electronics HELP!
Old 3rd February 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Electronics HELP!

OK, so I got this great idea the other day to turn my little pocket sized Danelectro Honeytone amp ($20, p.o.s guitar amp) into a guitar distortion pedal, just because it has a gnarly boost on it and I'd like to hear what it sounds like through my AC30.

My problem is that I can't figure out how I would go about changing the output impedance. The amp has a speaker out (8ohms) and a convenient line output for headphones, which I hope to mod into a 1/4" line out to connect to another pedal or send back to my amp.

There is no documentation on line for schematics or values so I measured the line output and found it is a 1 ohm output. Someone online claimed the Honeytone is 1 Amp. I'm not sure, but I'd imagine it's somewhere around there.

Any way to get the impedance of this amp to a suitable level for line effects?
Old 3rd February 2009
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Your speaker out and headphone outs are going to be low impedance compared to your guitar amp input. This is similar to any effects pedal. Your main issue is going to be that your output is much larger than what you get from a guitar or a pedal. Therefore, you need to attenuate. The easiest way is to stick a volume pot in-line. That should be about it.
Old 23rd February 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
thanks

thanks! I'll try that.
๐Ÿ“ Reply