Quantcast
EMMA ReezaFRATzitz distortion pedal... awesome. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
EMMA ReezaFRATzitz distortion pedal... awesome.
Old 27th January 2009
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
EMMA ReezaFRATzitz distortion pedal... awesome.

Just thought I'd report on this pedal I got the other day. EMMA Electronic is a Danish pedal company that apparently hand-makes their products, as the pedal case appears to be a standard project box with a printed faceplate affixed to the top. Solidly put together, circuit board looks good, switch seems to be quality, pots feel nice and smooth.

The sound is ridiculous. You can check out a couple youtube video demos of this pedal, but in person it's even better. On lower gain settings, you get a nice plexi tone.... crank the gain and it's enough for almost all kinds of metal. Very smooth and detailed distortion... very amp-like. The bias control is cool... it's supposed to blend between a Class A and Class B bias. I find myself tweaking that control constantly, so I haven't found my favorite spot for that yet. There's a single tone control with seems to be a treble boost/cut.

The only downside I have come up with thus far is the pedal seems a little thin in the low midrange.... not a lot of "throatiness" by itself... I've found that running the gain around 2 o'clock and boosting the signal with an overdrive pedal before the ReezaFRATzitz thickens the tone substantially and helps achieve really nice high gain sounds without being fizzy and fuzzy.

EMMA is coming out with a new overdrive pedal and a metal distortion pedal inspired by the Reeza soon, so I'll probably pick those up to. I think the Reeza is amazing so far, but it could benefit from a little boost going in and a little extra tone shaping to bring out the fatness a little more.

Just a little review... I've seen this mentioned on here a few times, but not in any kind of detail. Just trying to help.
Old 29th January 2009
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Thanks for the review

I've been eyeing this pedal for a while now, trying to decide if it would be a good fit for my playing style. There's no dealers around here, so much for trying one out.

The soundclips on youtube sound really good. I may have to order one.

Glad you dig yours,

SLO
Old 29th January 2009 | Show parent
Old 2nd March 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
I might add that it sounds great on violins and violas too! As well as the OnoMATOpoeia does.
The guy who makes them just told me that they might make a new and improved ReezaFRATzitz soon, so I look forward to that. Also, the new StinkBug overdrive just came out, think I'm gonna go try it out one of these days.
๐Ÿ“ Reply