The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!
Old 13th May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx ➡️
I think Jonny Greenwood has some of the best use of modulation sounds. His go FIRST in the pedal chain, before drives, reverb, delay, etc. So like: Phaser, Tremolo, Envelope Filter, Pitch shifter (whammy pedal), then into the drives, reverb, delay/echo, amp switching paths.

I'd like to try that more.

Pre/post drive modulation I kind of waffle about.

From what you said I would put the Mobius first and the Deco second.
Nice! I'm a big fan of playing around with modulation location. Again the common advice of "time-based effects at the end of the chain" is a good starting point but too simplistic. I found that with more subtle versions of chorus and phase, I preferred them before overdrive. For a long time I had my Boss PH-1R extremely early in the chain. It just sounded better, more effect'y and since the PH-1 is somewhat subtle and sounds awesome... it worked. Ditto a Boss CE-2. But for Univibe type pedals, preferred later after overdrives. Also flanger preferred after overdrives.

I found it very pedal-specific and encourage trying different locations!
Old 15th May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew ➡️
Just for fun I also built a blackout board (though I forgot to add a couple pedals on there).

Mobius Black is sick!
Old 16th May 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyNarrowBand ➡️
Here's my modest board:

Morley Alligator -> EHX Soul Food -> Motone Wah/Volume -> Malekko Ekko 616 MKII -> Solid Gold Surfrider III -> Ditto Looper -> Hagerman Phones.

In the second picture I swapped the Soul Food for a Fuzzdöden Fuzz. Nice fuzz by a small builder from Sweden I found on Insta. Both sound great through the Hagerman Phones. Really a fan of that pedal - pls see my other thread for more info.

The Motone is the weak spot right now and I don't use it much. Not sure what will go into it's place. Perhaps a Hagerman Valve but also contemplating a good compressor/sustainer.
Intermittent board update: Motone gone and now more space on a Pedaltrain Classic JR. Added two new pedals: Hagerman Valve and just scored a 2009 Catalinbread Semaphore Tremolo.

The Valve is a fairly clean valve based boost providing a nice push. Gain stacking into the Soulfood = nice toaaaan. Strat neck PU or Tele do sing while retaining their respective voice.

Add the Semaphore and you got a really nicely textured sound.

Still looking for a good compressor. If I can find a Walrus Deep Six in the Santa Fee edition I'd bite. Anyone...

Old 16th May 2022
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Latest version, with El Capistan replacing a TC Flashback and an Ibanez Mini Analog Delay. May move the Mobius down and the El Cap up for easier preset switching.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-2022-may-pedalboard.jpeg  
Old 18th May 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
How do you like the Archer?

The Soulfood only works well with the drive not past 11. Breaks up unpleasantly when driven harder. Thinking of getting another Klon-Clone and the Archer is on the list.
Old 20th May 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoisyNarrowBand ➡️
How do you like the Archer?

The Soulfood only works well with the drive not past 11. Breaks up unpleasantly when driven harder. Thinking of getting another Klon-Clone and the Archer is on the list.
Love it. Great on its own the way I have it set to add some mids, but also interacts really well with my Barber Direct Drive. It's an always on pedal for me.
Old 21st May 2022 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I rarely play electric guitar.

But I fixed up my old Telecaster last year and built a pedalboard.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-footpedals2.jpg  
Old 26th May 2022 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Here’s mine after a fun time acquiring them…

Still can’t believe the Boss Flanger is nearly 40 years old….the original owner really looked after it.

The only new pedals are the ThorpyFX The Boneyard and the Boss Tuner.
How do you like that EH Soul Food?
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello people ➡️
How do you like that EH Soul Food?
Great as a boost and also for adding dirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider ➡️
Great as a boost and also for adding dirt
Yeah I just bought one. Seems like it can go from clean boosting to creamy distortion.
Old 27th May 2022 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzin ➡️
Big fan of that! Had an Analogman Comprosser in the middle of my chain for years, ala Anastasio. If you work the volume knob on your guitar into fuzz or overdrives, I dont have any idea why you'd put a comp before those.

If you dont work the volume knob, then whatever. But "comp first in chain" is really annoying advice to me. Entire UNIVERSE of volume-knob manipulation out there.

Also like a volume pedal near the end of my chain, just before the delay. All the volume-knob manipulation into the fuzzes/OD's/etc. is maintained, but you can swell into the delay.

I liked keeping the delay in a true bypass loop, partly because the delay was my only digital pedal, but more importantly I could turn off the delay itself to keep the repeats, or turn off the loop to hard-cut the repeats.
Found this post while experimenting with feeding volume pedal into delay in the context of another thread.

I like the idea of a true analog bypass chain. How did you do that on your board?

Also the context of "entire UNIVERSE of volume-knob manipulation out there" is unclear to me. That's certainly the case when the Fuzz goes first but at the beginning of the paragraph you wrote about putting the Fuzz later.
Old 1st June 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Work In Progress: Most of these pedals I've had in other pedalboards (some featured earlier in this thread) but I'm re-configuring a bunch of stuff in order to make it more flexible, user-friendly, and modular/portable.

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross ➡️
Work In Progress: Most of these pedals I've had in other pedalboards (some featured earlier in this thread) but I'm re-configuring a bunch of stuff in order to make it more flexible, user-friendly, and modular/portable.

Nice! How you getting on with that little Bananana pedal? I've been
looking at those on Amazon pretty seriously. Seem pretty interesting
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekbro ➡️
Nice! How you getting on with that little Bananana pedal? I've been
looking at those on Amazon pretty seriously. Seem pretty interesting
I'm conflicted; on the one hand, I love the sounds it's capable of! otoh, I find the extremely tiny -- and very positionally-sensetive -- knobs difficult to adjust on the fly, so it's a bit finnicky about recreating your favorite sounds. Plus I can never remember what effect categories the colors on the Mode knob correspond to.

In a perfect world, I would own 4 or 5 of them, each one set to a specific sound, and then I'd never touch the knobs, just swap to a different unit for choosing "presets".

btw, I should note that I'm using it for bass. Haven't ever tried any other sources through it.
Old 11th June 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew ➡️
Just for fun I also built a blackout board (though I forgot to add a couple pedals on there).

Very cool
Old 20th June 2022 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-faf258e4-0f7f-4f2e-a34e-bafe76b729a1.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-faf258e4-0f7f-4f2e-a34e-bafe76b729a1.jpeg  
Old 5th July 2022
Here for the gear

My newest "thinline" board Pity that original case from Rockboard is not deep enough for my GLAB wah.. Anyway it's not the best case, very flexible and not easy to open/close so I must replace it.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_7221.jpg  
Old 7th July 2022 | Show parent
Gear Guru

New gtr wall just about done!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-429b0d49-7fad-46e5-aeb1-8b1a03798caa.jpeg  
Old 28th July 2022
Gear Addict

Current build Big Board and Small Board
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20220720_103141.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

9 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
some of these boards make me salivate.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Well, back to a (more or less) traditional pedalboard, possibly selling the Helix. Still happy with the sound of it but I just happen to dig it when all relevant parameters are available WYSIWYG style, allowing for global adjustments. The Helix (and pretty much any other modeler) could be massively improved regarding those issues, but they rather keep adding amps for the home noodlers (which makes up for the vast majority of their user base).

Still using amp modeling, though. Turned into a kind of 2-channel setup, NUX Amp Academy is serving for all clean-ish sounds, the Amplifirebox for anything seriously overdriven.
The 4-5 drive pedals placed in the front row are subject to pretty much constant change, depending on the gig and my mood.

I know, there's no luxurious items on this board, but some of those things are doing astonishingly well. Both Zooms (MS-50G and G3) are doing a vastly better job than one might expect (namely the converters aren't stealing any sound in a noticeable fashion). I might replace the G3 in favour of a Mooer Ocean Machine or a TC Plethora X3 (or even X5) one day, though. Could as well do with another loopswitcher, but for the time being, this setup suits me extremely well, it's very flexible and the sound of it all is really making me almost more than happy already (did 5 pretty different gigs with this so far).
Not in the picture: A Hotone Soulpress II, pretty excellent wah/vol pedal. Even if it wasn't because of space issues, it's a good idea to have this outside of the board, so I can lift the board up when recording (not having to crawl on the floor all the time) and still use the pedal.

Things I'm surprised with myself: Quality of the Amplifirebox as a clean drive pedal platform (the internal overdriven amps don't take pedals as well) and the little Joyo Blue Drive (used to add some "hair" to the clean channel). Oh, and the MS-50G. It's placed before all dirt stuff, mainly serving for modulations (I usually cycle through 2-3 of them, which I select before the gig), those really live up with some dirt following.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-boooard-2.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Oh, just in case someone's interested: The entire board is powered by a single Harley Benton PSU (PowerPlant ISO-12 Pro) for a mere €99. 12 isolated outs, 3 of them switchable (9/12/18V). Overdrive pedals are daisychained, anything else has its own 9V outlet. Zero noise issues, quite astonishing.
📝 Reply