The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!
Old 24th April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljefe ➑️
Beautiful. Great choices, so clean, I love it.
Thank You ljefe! I do like an organized setup, it's also very efficient as I like to record with either mic's, IR Reactive Load & Sims also with my Neve RNDI (direct input Acoustics & Bass). Every room has guitars, also ISO rooms built for Drums and Vocals.

I do keep my Home Studio clean & efficient, "everything in it's place" otherwise things can get out of hand, so I like to utilize the space I have for friends, family, clients or musicians that are recording or just want to "Hang out" during recording.
Old 24th April 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Strat>Analog Man>Soldano (or a Friedman)
It doesn't get better than that. Gorgeous amps, wood floors, lots of space. Looking at that photo just makes me want to play guitar.
Old 27th April 2021 | Show parent
Gear Addict

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
pedalboard

Working on this now.
Lots going on under the hood and it's more of a tabletop studio board than a touring board (it's gonna be big and heavy).
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-screen-shot-2021-04-26-3.23.02-pm.jpg  
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsearcher ➑️
Working on this now.
Lots going on under the hood and it's more of a tabletop studio board than a touring board (it's gonna be big and heavy).
Woah!
That is going to be nice.
The Zen Delay, Microcosm, and especially the Chase Bliss Preamp are all boxes I'd love to have.
The red knob Tonal Recall is something my wife wanted for her bass pedalboard, I was thinking it might be too dark a delay for bass, I don't know. But it didn't matter because we couldn't find a single one new for sale.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I'm reposting the picture of my wife's board, not because anything has changed, but because I just learned how to display a photo inside a post so this is my test.

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-f00a7814-8d23-43cf-8cc8-348cb048f077.jpg

Yes! Thank you @ percussion boy .
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-f00a7814-8d23-43cf-8cc8-348cb048f077.jpg  
Old 2nd May 2021 | Show parent
Gear Head
The ever-changing pedal collection in my studio.
I normally use them after DI'ing the guitar and then reamping on loop to find something interesting. I find this process a thousand times better than playing a few notes then bending down to mess with something, but I'm a producer more than an instrument player.
Used TKOG Miniglitch v2 into EQD Transmisser on drums for a remix recently.
Used Cooper Outward v2 on vocals recently for an Arca type record.
I play bass in a punk band and use either Malekko Germanium Fuzz or EQD Acapulco Gold with Walrus Compressor into a *tiny* bit of OBN Black Fountain delay just to give it that empty basement club feel
For my dreampop records I'm using a lot of Rainbow Machine on the least wild setting for EGuitar or also the OBN Mondegreen on least wild settings for EGuitar.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_5607.jpg  
Old 6th May 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I took the Boomerang Looper off of my board as I realized I need it under my left foot, not my right. I haven't decided if I'll buy a small pedalboard just for it.

So that gave me room for the Pigtronix Philosopher King. I love the autoswell and the compressor.

The small mess at the top of the board is an ill-fitting voltage doubler cable for the Pigtronix.

I need a voltage doubler cable with angled plugs. Gator makes one but it isn't available. Does anybody know of a currently produced voltage doubler cable with angled plugs?

Edit: I found what I needed at T-Rex Effects:
https://www.t-rex-effects.com/webshop

They have lots of good stuff for pedalboards. I used to own a T-Rex compressor years ago, it was really good. I'll have to check out the current line-up.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-8ed8a711-02a2-4bd8-bcc5-0c308b495ca1.jpg  

Last edited by ljefe; 8th May 2021 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: information
Old 12th May 2021 | Show parent
I actually have two, that's the first one. The gap it's for the amp footswitch Strat>Fender Blues Jr
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img-20210503-wa0095.jpg  
Old 28th May 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Here's my acoustic board. I mainly use a Fern Weissenborn and Gibson LG-2 guitar that both sport passive K+K Pure Mini pickups. Also in the mix is an Ear Trumpet Edwina mic and a EHX Grand Canyon pedal in stereo.

I wanted to blend the signals myself and keep the clutter down so I was looking for a small mixer. Turns out I found the perfect solution in an older Sonosax SX-PR mixer. (Thanks to a fellow Swiss Slut oops, Spacer ). Turns out it is exactly what I was looking for: very high-quality preamps, no EQ or effects, hell it even works directly from my Strymon Zuma pedal power supply. (Hidden underneath the pedalbaord)

I have the instruments hooked up through a GigRig Three2One which lets me adjust the gain if necessary. Next is an Empress ParaEq - I got two of them but currently only use one to give a tad of a smiley curve. After the tuner/mute the signal goes to the Radial J48 and splits there into the Sonosax mixer and the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon is set to 100% wet and I mostly use the Shimmer setting which I absolutely love. Once in a while a slap or stereo ping-pong delay as well. The stereo outs go to a Radial Stereo JDI and then on to Ch 3+4 of the Sonosax panned hard L+R. (I could have left out the JDI but i had one laying around and also thought it sounded more transparent this way.) I blend in the effects to taste via a Mission expression pedal. Tap Tempo and changes via the Triple Foot Controller.

The Edwina mic is on CH 2 of the Sonosax. The Sonosax also has a phones out so I can actually set and check my mix right there and hear what is being set out from the stereo bus of the mixer. When I set everything up yesterday I couldn't tell if the mixer was one before playing, It is DEAD quiet. Amazing.

I also use a mandolin without any PU, the good thing about the Edwina mic in there is not only the sense of air and dimension it adds but also that I can adjust by varying the distance to the mic.

I might add a few effects for solo gigs like an EHX MEL9 and a Pigtronix Infinity Looper. The whole setup is used for duo/trio settings without a regular drumset. I mostly play electric guitar with bands so I don't have to deal with that situation and issues when playing acoustic guitar.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_2512.jpg  

Last edited by doorknocker; 2 weeks ago at 04:06 PM..
Old 2nd June 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Board update as of June 2021.

[IMG]Pedalboard June 2021 by Tim P., on Flickr[/IMG]

Himmelstrutz Mr. Nutcracker
Meris Enzo
Hologram Infinite Jets
Industrialelectric RM-1N
Pladask Elektrisk Taken
Spaceman Explorer Deluxe
Spaceman Aurora
Montreal Assembly CT5
Mattoverse Fuzzy Gates
OBNE Procession
ZVEX Sonar
Meris Polymoon (W/ Disaster Area midi switch)
Walrus Slo/Fathom Gold
Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water
Pladask Elektrisk Draume
Paul Cochran Timmy
Out of Rotation for the moment: Headrush Looperboard, OBNE Flat Light, Mr. Black Analog Chorus/Vibrato

Out to a Carr Slant 6V Head
Into a Forte 3D loaded with a WGS Blackhawk HP

Guitar is a Boogie Bodies tele style in Koa with a solid ebony neck. Weighs a ton.
Old 12th June 2021 | Show parent
Here for the gear
SKB PS-8 pedal board

Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
Behringer CL9 Compressor/Limiter
Dunlop 535Q Cry Baby Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
MXR Phase 90
TC Electronic Echobrain
Keeley Omni Reverb
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-9f8cd543-5cc9-4e3c-8834-c03877c183f7.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Dear diary, today was a good day.

Germanium transistor fuzz shootout...

-Analogman Sun Face - vintage germanium Newmarket/NKT Red Dots

-1997 Dunlop Fuzz Face - germanium "NKT 275" (reissues I think, and one is different can shape than the other)

-Analogman Sunbender Mk4 - Tonebender clone, vintage germanium NKT Red Dot + two Mullards

Bottom line... this particular 90's fuzz face is special, I bought it new in the 90's and seems I got lucky.

The Sun Face is ridiculous and lives up to the hype, it's not going anywhere. Different from the 90's Dunlop, probably clearer and more guitar tone and more honest and touch sensitive. Seems like the Sun Face is overall a little "better" and 1% fuller. However the particular tone and clean-up on the 90's one is awesome. I was hoping to sell one but probably not going to happen. Keep the Fuzz knob at or very near max on most Fuzz Faces, and use the guitars volume knob instead.

The Tonebender is a 3-transistor design with more fuzz, and the MKiV has a Tone Knob. For me I thought the Tone Knob would be interesting, but in practice it seems it will not be very useful to me after all, I prefer it fully down where it sounds fat like the Fuzz Faces. Turning up the Tone knob is interesting and gets more focused and complex in the mids and highs but the bass/fat dissappears enough that for me it would be more of an "effecty' one-off setting. My biases are that I dont particularly go for treble-booster type tones, probably due to my amp choices.

With the Tone down, the Sunbender sounds basically just like a higher-gain ripping version of the Sun Face, so it's a superb pedal and glad I tried it. For me it seems I prefer the 2-transistor lower gain Fuzz Face design, so I'll keep the new Sun Face and sell the Sunbender.

Was hoping the Sun Face would make my 90's Fuzz Face obsolete, but I'm realizing this needs to be a forever-piece and I got lucky.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20210618_180016.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzin ➑️
Dear diary, today was a good day.

Germanium transistor fuzz shootout...

-Analogman Sun Face - vintage germanium Newmarket/NKT Red Dots

-1997 Dunlop Fuzz Face - germanium "NKT 275" (reissues I think, and one is different can shape than the other)

-Analogman Sunbender Mk4 - Tonebender clone, vintage germanium NKT Red Dot + two Mullards

Bottom line... this particular 90's fuzz face is special, I bought it new in the 90's and seems I got lucky.

The Sun Face is ridiculous and lives up to the hype, it's not going anywhere. Different from the 90's Dunlop, probably clearer and more guitar tone and more honest and touch sensitive. Seems like the Sun Face is overall a little "better" and 1% fuller. However the particular tone and clean-up on the 90's one is awesome. I was hoping to sell one but probably not going to happen. Keep the Fuzz knob at or very near max on most Fuzz Faces, and use the guitars volume knob instead.

The Tonebender is a 3-transistor design with more fuzz, and the MKiV has a Tone Knob. For me I thought the Tone Knob would be interesting, but in practice it seems it will not be very useful to me after all, I prefer it fully down where it sounds fat like the Fuzz Faces. Turning up the Tone knob is interesting and gets more focused and complex in the mids and highs but the bass/fat dissappears enough that for me it would be more of an "effecty' one-off setting. My biases are that I dont particularly go for treble-booster type tones, probably due to my amp choices.

With the Tone down, the Sunbender sounds basically just like a higher-gain ripping version of the Sun Face, so it's a superb pedal and glad I tried it. For me it seems I prefer the 2-transistor lower gain Fuzz Face design, so I'll keep the new Sun Face and sell the Sunbender.

Was hoping the Sun Face would make my 90's Fuzz Face obsolete, but I'm realizing this needs to be a forever-piece and I got lucky.

Cheers.
Well... went a little crazy and added a bona fide NKT275 Sun Face to see whats up.

The NKT Red Dot (non-275) seems the lowest gain and smoothest of the four, so I'll probably keep that one. Still has tons of gain.

The real-deal NKT275 is a monster, clearly. I would 100% keep it normally but it's too expensive I guess. Carbon Zinc batteries or whatever seems 100% mandatory in my testing.

I will switch between a Fuzz Face or the Tim for a nearly-always-on, roll-it-off-with-the-volume-knob type of approach as basically my core sound.

Tim vs. a Timmy v3 also in the picture. The Tim won, I was hoping to save real estate, but the Tim is perfect to me and has become a huge part of my tone, and I cant quite get the Timmy v3 to match up. Thought about swapping chips in the Timmy which seems popular but I'm done fighting it.

Top row:

-Loooper.com Looopers
-Green Machine
-Boss DS-1 "Seeing Eye" Keeley mod
-Boss BD-2 Keeley Mod
-Ibanez TS9 Analogman mod
-Boss BF-2 MIJ black label
-Boss PH-1r MIJ black label
-Boss CE-2 MIJ black label
-Tuner
-Rack Systems buffer
-Chicago Iron Parachute Wah/Phaser/Volume
-Teese RMC3

Middle row:

-Tap Tempo for DD20
-Boss DD20 (next project is replacing this)
-Sweet Sound Ultra Vibe mk1 - maybe my favorite pedal ever
-Paul Cochrane - Tim v1
-Paul Cochrane - Timmy v3
-Analogman Sun Face NKT Red Dot
-Analogman Sun Face NKT275 Red Dot

Bottom row:

-Ronsound Ring-O-Matic
-Electro Harmonix Small Stone
-Nine Volt Nirvana - Dino Drive (Rat-inspired)
-Home Brew Electronics Power Screamer
-Electro Harmonix Big Muff
-Analogman Sunbender MkIV
-Dunlop Fuzz Face
-Analogman Bi-Comprosser
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20210706_112730.jpg  

Last edited by bowzin; 2 weeks ago at 06:40 PM..
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I built a little "Dingbat" board.

Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

58 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Why?
πŸ“ Reply