Quantcast
Fender Telecaster Capacitor - Help me with this Photo! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fender Telecaster Capacitor - Help me with this Photo!
Old 17th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Fender Telecaster Capacitor - Help me with this Photo!

Guys, can anyone tell me which capacitor is being used on this guitar? Has treble bleed, does not it?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Fender Telecaster Capacitor - Help me with this Photo!-telecaster.png  
Old 17th January 2019
Gear Guru
That is the original filter design for the Tele. It creates the mushy neck pickup sound. Most have removed that.
Old 17th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Hello, Jim! Thanks a lot for the help. So this is the vintage telecaster wiring? No treble bleed?

Cheers!
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Guru
Tele's never has a volume pot 'bleed cap'. That original wiring was used up to about 1968. Then it changed to the standard set up you see today. Some of the 'vintage' re-issue blond 1950's Teles have that original wiring too.

The best set up is to invest in the conductive plastic Bourn's guitar volume pots. Those don't have the top end losses the carbon pots have. Then install a 'no load' pot for the tone control.
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
First off the pic is for an Esquire, not a Tele. The Esquire only has a single pickup. The switch is added to give it some tone/bypass tone changes. Kind of a fake pickup selector except the tone changes come from adding caps to mute the tone.

Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Thank you so much guys! You have helped me a lot!
Old 22nd January 2019 | Show parent
Gear Guru

58 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrgkmc ➑️
First off the pic is for an Esquire, not a Tele. The Esquire only has a single pickup. The switch is added to give it some tone/bypass tone changes. Kind of a fake pickup selector except the tone changes come from adding caps to mute the tone.

Considering that the caps used were generally +/- 20% (or worse) there really isn't a whole lot of difference between .05 and .047.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…