View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2012
Gear Head

THIS IS WHAT I SENT TO FOCUSRITE... AM I WRONG?

Saffire Pro 40 -> ADAT in on 002

I have looked on the internet for HOURS trying to figure out what our problem is. Here is what we've got:

MacBook Pro (early 2011, 2GHz i7 w/ 8GB RAM)
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Pro Tools HD 9
Saffire Pro 40
Digidesign 002

I have gone in to the Saffire Mix Control while the Saffire is connected via firewire and set the clock source to ADAT and set my desired sample rate. I have also routed the Inputs (NOT the DAW or Mixes) of ADAT 1-8 to go out ADAT 1-8 in the Mix Control Software. I then "Save to Hardware", close Mix Control, and turn off the computer and saffire.

At this point, I unplug the firewire cable from the Saffire, plug it in to the 002 which I then connect to my computer. I turn on the 002, then the saffire, then boot the computer. The saffire says it is LOCKED after the boot. I begin Pro Tools and my I/O setup is complete, everything routed where it should be going (Analog 1-8, ADAT 9-16, all with mono assignments to the corresponding input number) and in the Hardware Setup, I have tried switching back and forth from Internal and Optical, with no luck EITHER WAY. I have gone through this and over this and around this in every way I can see, and I guess I must be missing something.

I DO have the ADAT cables plugged in (In to Out, Out to In) but this just doesn't want to work. I have used other ADAT interfaces before with my 002 with no issues. Please, PLEASE help me. I'm sure it's a simple fix that I'm over looking, but I just can NOT figure this out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.