View Single Post
Old 29th May 2009

Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinAiken ➡️
Your copy protection is very unobtrusive and didn't inconvenience me in any way when I purchased them...

I thank you and hope other companies will follow....
Really glad to hear that! You know, we've given the topic of copy protection a lot of thought and in the end decided that we simply don't want to make anyone jump through burning hoops just to use a product that (s)he honestly bought. In a perfect world there would be no need for CP, but as things stand a non-intrusive and flexible CP system is the least we could do to return the favor. We don't like software piracy any more than the next company, but being paranoid about it only serves to make life difficult for paying customers.

And let me say that so far we're more than happy with our decision to not go with a dongle or challenge/response--people really appreciate it, and it allows us to work on making better products instead of wasting our time on CP-related support. Treating paying customers like potential criminals and burdening them with difficult or unreliable CP only makes illegal versions that more attractive and hardly seems like the best way to conduct business.

Take care & many thanks for your feedback,

-- dj!