View Single Post
Old 14th July 2005 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher
Moosomin is a couple hours south east of here. Is she originally from Saskatchewan? The humidity is what has been bugging me too. I don't mind the heat, I just hate the humidity. Congrats on the wedding! The Okanagan is beautiful, I hope there is no crazy forest fires there like last summer. I have a brother and uncle in Kelowna. So Plug, are you a Canadian?
The wife's grandfolks are from there, and she's from Kamloops (where the wedding will be). She's just studying (medicine) with the doctors/hospital/clinic there, and visiting family/friends for a month.

and yep, I'm Canadian: born in the 'peg, but lived in southern ont for many years before heading north to the Yukon for almost 15 years now. Moving south in late Aug., (bought a place with the wife in Dundas, near Hamilton) and will be back in the land of humidity and smog (with a nice smattering of urban congestion) soon enough, luckily tho, after the summer and it's heatwaves...

BTW: I'm gonna be in Regina in a few weeks, producing a show at the closing of the Canada Summer Games (for promotion of Canada Winter Games here in Whitehorse 2007) - are you in the city that rhymes with 'fun'?

best,