View Single Post
Old 13th September 2022 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Hey all, perhaps this is a stupid question, so apologies. I was using a Monitor 8, but upgraded to a 16a.

I'm trying to get it to be the interface between by 16ch board and my Computer. my board will be used only for mixing (I have other preamps for recording). I want to run 16 analog out's to the 16 inputs of the baord and then sent the stereo output of the board back to Protools to recording the bounce. Simple, right? But I can't seem to get the MOTU mix software and the PT i/o to play nice. How do I route the mix bus from the baord back to PT so that it will record while I'm playing back from PT as well? Lag doesn't matter since the mixdown will be muted of course. Signal is passing, I can see it in the routing tab, and when I stop playback, the reverb tails show up on the record-enable stereo PT track. I used to be able to do this fine with the Monitor8, not sure what I changed...

Bonus question: What's the best way to route my inputs so that inputs 1-8 will be played back directly through outputs 1-8, WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY givine me the playback from Protools that comes out of 1-8? I could never figure this out with my Monitor8--when I recorded on inputs 1-2, I just disabled whatever was playing back on 1-2, which was sometimes fine but sometimes annoying. i'd rather not have to do that.

THANKS GENIUSES! (genii?)