View Single Post
Old 28th December 2021 | Show parent

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo ➡️
Guyz sorry to necro this thread , but i'm seriously thinking of getting SD 3 , not for the sounds but for this superb playground , my question is using my own smaples , are we able to create a kit from scratch (blanck page ) and add items or do we have to start from a kit and replace stuff ?

If i want 3 kiks 3 snares , can i display 3 kick and 3 snare and layout them how i want ?
Battery might be better for this, but after saying this...

yeah, you can stack toon's own sample pieces...or replace them with another piece...

however you can also drag and drop your own samples onto say...the snare (there must be an active toon snare already)
now turn the volume all the way down on the toon snare and you have your sample left to adjust tuning etc...
no kind of round robin ....I don't believe any mic routings in the mixer are observed.....it just plays when triggered....that's why I mentioned battery because it's more flexible all around at this imo.

I will slap a splice sample on a kick or snare here and there...
It's nice because you can tune the toontrack sample and your own sample together to get a nice blend....send the toontrack through the mixer, mics and bleed for warmth, but as far as I can tell, your own sample will be static....but it works ok...and I often need a splice sample and I generally find them more useable right out of the gate.