Quantcast
Gearspace.com - View Single Post - Kirchhoff-EQ: Ultimate EQ plugin with superb dynamic processing and vintage models
View Single Post
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf. ➡️
who is this guy, this plugin is INSANELY well built. I'd pick it up in a second if I hadn't just picked up claro...
I also have Claro. I A/B'd them. Matched their parameters, HPF to full spectrum cuts and boosts. They sound different enough that it might be worth having both. I found Claro was more clinical (in a good way) but the Kirchhoff seemed a little punchier (in a good way as well). And then when you start messing with the internal bit depth and phase responses, it goes a step further into sonic differences. Claro has the added A.I. stuff that I have found useful certain tasks. But the added dynamic eq options on the Kirchhoff was a big bonus. And way more so than on FF. You have the added benefit of Ratio, Q, Attack, and Release. Where on FF it's basically threshold and that's it. In a way I think this new offering is more suited to be wondering if it puts FF out to pasture over Claro. On the flip side, I'm honestly suspect of EQ Hardware Modeling that "to me" it's questionable if the added Neve, SSL, and GML/Sontec etc...are just gimmicks. I would like to see the developer chime in on this. How did they come about doing the emulations. Or are they simply inspirations so to speak. Which is all fine and good. The emulations do give you a little bit of a different vibe. But to me it's not like having a Sontec at your fingertips. And this is the case on every emulation I've tried, not just these guys. I own a stereo set of true to schematic GML/Sontec hardware clones, they're not the same, period. But, it's fun to have, but will it feel more like a gimmick versus a serious tool??