Quantcast
Gearspace.com - View Single Post - Warm Audio Announces WA-8000 Tube Condenser Microphone
View Single Post
Old 5th October 2021 | Show parent

Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroslav ➡️
I know...but the main website promo is specifically aimed at the Rap/Hip-Hop and R&B crowd. Even in the video.

I get the value of the Sony and all that...I'm just curious why the WA would be specifically marketed to those genres.
I don't think the Sony is/was...it's just considered a high-end mic for studio use.

What is it about the Sony and the WA that make it so coveted by the Rap/Hip-Hop and R&B crowd, in a way that no other mic works as well for those genres?
It's almost like...if you are doing Rap/Hip-Hop and R&B....you need this mic.
He just clearly answered the question. People that buy warm clones don’t do certain genres. Ex Classical music cost more money to make. Folks in other genres are use to spending good money on instruments. Lessons. Etc….With rap you can run to guitar center with $300 to get started. The most fake it til you make it genre. Prob only genre where you can get famous for being a clown w a 500-1000 mic. Plus since it’s so cheap it’s wildly popular for hobbiest. How many people do you know who own a piano that complain about $40/hr studio session? Rap studios that are forced to deal with poor talent can’t really invest into their gear like that. Warm helps them out. 90% of rappers judge the studio from the way it LOOKS. Warm helps studio owners invest into the look so they can stay in business. S/O to warm for that. Not my thing but I understand