View Single Post
Old 14th June 2021 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox Han ➡️
I compared the bae mpf and wa73 x2 (no eq) and was unimpressed with the warm. I preferred the HA73 elite w/ eq to the warm units for an affordable 1073. I know it’s not exactly fair since I used the warm w/out eq. If it matters, I ended up with a BAE 1023L. I want a second but space matters at the moment.

I know it’s not 1073 related but I have an SSL six channel I just used on OH and it sounded really nice for that application. I haven’t put it on kick or snare yet, but for mono OH @USD$399 with eq/comp/hpf and meters, it is beating anything else under $500 per channel I have used.
Gotcha...yeah I noticed that with the Warm unit their "tone" button, which is the impedance button of course, make a huge difference. I don't know, but i assume most 1073 modules were set at 300 ohm and then simply left in that position. Again I do not know this to be the case, but because the impedance switch on the vintage module is at the back it makes me think that is the case. i have noticed that vids i saw comparing units always get a much better reaction when the unit is set to 300 ohm...thus leading me to my thoughts

I was reading about the Shelford and the BAE and how some love the Shelford and some prefer the BAE...it seems that the Shelford is a "better" deal. They are comparable price wise, but the Shelford Offers more for that price.

Because I have the opportunity to grab a pair of Shelford Channels i was wondering if it made sense to sell the Warm pieces or, because I won't really get much if i sell, keep it and use it here and there. I am thinking the Shelford will be so much more, and of course better than the Warm, I am thinking the warm will just collect dust...I don't really know that I would even use the warm with a pair of shelford channel's there that can be used instead of the Warm pieces