Quantcast
Gearspace.com - View Single Post - Analog vs Digital Emulations - A culinary comparison
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2021
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padano ➡️
Hi everyone. I’ve been following this forum forever and remember posting here back in the days.
Anyway I was following another thread about the ethereal fight between analog and digital emulation and I think I came up with a good analogy.

“You are a Chef at a restaurant and you are making a meal for your customers (the mix). You can either use more expensive fresh ingredients (analog gear) or a bunch of dehydrated powders and chemical additives (plugins).
Like modern plug-ins, some food additives can improve the results in better ways than old school methods, I’ll give you that.
But if you are telling me that the emulations sounds the same as the original hardware, it’s like saying a dish made with garlic powder has the same taste than one made with fresh garlic.
Just because you don’t hear the difference, doesn’t mean it’s not there.”

What you guys think about this? Does this at least clarify the ethereal dilemma?
Not bad but I like to think of digtial emulations kinda like that plastic fruit you can buy at the department store as opposed to real fruit you can buy at the grocery store. But let's be adults here, emulations are for lazy people.