Quantcast
Gearspace.com - View Single Post - Baloran ‘The River’ Synthesizer
View Single Post
Old 1st March 2021 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmokTime ➡️
To be honest, not sure if they have stopped production. Current orders being fullfilled i have no doubt, Laurent is a great guy with high integrity. I think though he is putting his time in R&D on the new synth, “The Lake” (personally think The Ocean would have been a better name) That leaves a new run in 2021 of “The River” in an unknown state. Ibhave reached out to Laurent with no response by email and no response on this forum. Brilliant man and very busy though.
Thank you for your words

Yes the new project keeps me busy but is not incompatible with the production of The River, as I am now well helped in this task.

This year promises to be very complex. Between the pandemic and its terrible repercussions in the music world, and the shortage of semiconductors, projections are difficult. I stayed under observation for some time actually without being able to communicate about the new batch.

The preparation of a batch implies that all the actors, all the components are present for a given date and at normal prices. This is not the case at the moment. So I'm unable to commit to dates, which I've always respected rather well. So I won't launch a new production of electronic boards for this year as long as the conditions are not better. So I can't commit to deliver n The River before the end of the year.

My decision is that this year, there will be a very small production of The River (10...15 instruments) that will be assembled from existing stocks. The choice of color will be very limited, both for the cases and the wood. They will therefore be offered for sale on site after fabrication, without reservation.