View Single Post
Old 6th January 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshamrover ➡️
I got an ID22 less than 5 years ago, it was love at first sight (and sound). Sadly though my unit died just before Christmas at roughly 4 years and 9 months old. It was used moderately in a home environment, so not kicked around or abused in any way.
I'm not sure if that's a standard life for this product or for similar products at this price point, but it wasn't something I thought i needed to consider when making my purchase. I assumed the build quality would match the audio quality.

Just something to bear in mind if you're considering buying. Check the average lifespan of these things.
Thats quite not normal I find (with all reserve) but I'm pretty sure you did but just asking, did you contact Audient? I'm sure if not, you should and they woudl be willing to look into things with you especially knowing that they work hard to come up with great quality products and keep their reputation going forward.

But indeed thats weird. I have an RME one of the first Multiface and up today 15 years later the card works like BRAND NEW hahahaa ;-) When it comes to sound card drivers no other company does it like RME period. Thankfully through out the years many companies have very juch im,proved in that area.