View Single Post
Old 6th January 2021
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshamrover ➡️
I got an ID22 less than 5 years ago, it was love at first sight (and sound). Sadly though my unit died just before Christmas at roughly 4 years and 9 months old. It was used moderately in a home environment, so not kicked around or abused in any way.
I'm not sure if that's a standard life for this product or for similar products at this price point, but it wasn't something I thought i needed to consider when making my purchase. I assumed the build quality would match the audio quality.

Just something to bear in mind if you're considering buying. Check the average lifespan of these things.
There are several threads here and elsewhere on technical issues/failures with the id22; you're not the only one to experience problems. I haven't seen similar complaints for the rest of the id line though. I'd actually be more excited for an updated id22 or id44...or maybe an id66? But hopefully these new interfaces don't suffer from similar issues.

My biggest hesitancy in using the Audient products is the drivers/latency. I wish companies would start to approach RME-quality with their USB drivers.

Still, I'm interested in seeing these new interfaces and how they compare to similar products in that price range. The id14 is already pretty well regarded.