Quantcast
Gearspace.com - View Single Post - What is the state of MIDI controllers in Pro Tools?
View Single Post
Old 30th July 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryLimestone ➡️
I had been wondering if there is a way of controlling plugin paramaters in Pro Tools as well. The way I got around some issues is by using Controllermate software (currently not supported on Catalina, I don't know if it will ever be updated). I emailed the guy who created it but never got a reply. The buy option on the website was actually missing last time I checked, seeing he probably doesn't want trouble from people buying it and it not working on a newer OS. I tried many ways of getting in touch, even offering others to pay to use their license (seeing I run Mojave),but never got a reply. The free version is limited to only a few blocks.

Eventually I found an old dodgy youtube video with a serial number/activation code in the description that actually worked! I tried everything to contact and pay for it, so I don't think I did anything wrong, just found that video. Small developers especially should be paid of course.

You can download the trial version from the website still, so that's how I got it in the first place.

It doesn't actually really use midi (it can send midi but this still wouldn't work with using Pro Tools) but instead macro key and mouse commands. You can use screenshots and coordinates to assign paramaters etc. Pro Tools will think it's your mouse. It's really easy to use. If you google controllermate pro tools some videos will pop up. Good luck!
WOW. Thanks. I never heard about Controllermate.
Reminds me of Reaktor and Turbosynth, though they were software synths of course, it looks similar in its fuction to customize controller buttons/keys.

Here's a pretty comprehensive video:
https://youtu.be/hkUosy4KY1Y
https://www.orderedbytes.com/

I'm thinkin', just the thing for nerds with softwaresynths.
(I just got the Arturia CMI, "Fairlight".)
…and lots of time on their hands...

I think I might try it, even though I'm on Catalina.