View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2007 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Mixwell ➡️
I didn't say the low end on a 57 unusable, don't put words in my post!
I never said you did, read my post again. It's a hypothetical inference based upon your comments like "low-mid muck" and "almost always use a HPF."

Quote:
You might be better off taking the transformer out of your's if you don't need the gain and like the low end where it is. That way, you can justify the fact that you have a better 57 than everyone else and you didn't have to shell out a dime!!
My point is that I'm better off leaving it the way it is. Taking out the transformer isn't going to make it "better" it's going to make it "different."

Quote:
As for the scratch vocal I was talking about, how can you base your statements on something you have never heard or know anything about. That was my opinion, based on my session. So I don't see why you need to feel upset that the mod worked for me, for that application.
I'm not upset, bro! From what I understood from your words, you weren't talking about just one session...Re-read your post. You say that basically once you have the mod and another high-end piece of gear (which you also sell,) you can use the 57 on a vocalist in the room with a full band successfully (which is kind of odd; I would think the "increased detail in the highs" would increase bleed.) That's what you've found, and that's cool. Lots of people have been doing it for years (without the mod) and it sounds just fine. "YMMV."

Quote:
Your right, the mod is great, perhaps you might try it for yourself with your intended application.
If my intended application calls for a SM57, then I'll use a SM57.

I'm sure the mod will make lots of people happy!