View Single Post
Old 21st June 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelverde ➡️
I start in April for a Bachelor Degree in Music Production...but I see they have a dual major in Production/Business that may be available.

Yes, it's expensive paper but it's likely going to fill holes that I currently don't even know are in my game. Also, I'm all about getting Pro Tools certified simply because it's pretty much like a required language these days. One thing I'm psyched about is how hard I kicked the music theory placement test's ass. I get to START with 300-level theory courses.

By the end of this I'll be about 60K in the hole, but it will be my only debt load since my home and acreage are already mortgage free. At this point in time, Berklee Online is a no-brainer for me.
BOL is awesome if you make it hard and want to learn......you should get your Protools certification....but honestly that does not give you anything unless you can use it and show that you are able....

I would use that money and effort on BOL instead. BUt then again is that is really what you want for for it...but you will have to pay n re take it...

I'd say save the money n buy gear with it.