View Single Post
Old 17th May 2015 | Show parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonfocius ➡️
Anyho,when you made the OSCar emulation did you implement the oscillators rubberband (de)effect? Whenever a user plays a low note and a couple of octaves higher note there is a short portamento effect due to the PLL's lock in R/C time constant, known as the rubberband effect.
I'm afraid not, I can see why it would happen though. I might have gone on to do it if anyone had asked for it in ten years :-)

Quote:
And another thing did you implement the major-oscar-reset-whenever-a-refridgerator-compresor-starts-somtimes-memory-loss design feature?
I couldn't find a genuine early 1980s fridge to perform my analysis wiith, so I wouldn't have been able to get it quite authentic.
Quote:
To be true to the original you must implement both of these there is no way you can cheat by adding regular portamento during pitch change since rubberband is note dependant and the mains spike reset thing i don't now how you actually would implement that into software! But still you simply have to have these in the imPOSCar otherwise it's not 100.00000% genuine emulation!
Well since the impOSCar 1 already added polyphony, velocity sensitivity, extra LFOs and extra filter modes (the latter two of which I could actually do on a real OSCar with a firmware change for the former and a little rewiring for the latter), plus of course delay and chorus, and then impOSCar 2 added an extra LFO, unison, stereo spread, polyphonic aftertouch and extended modulation facilities, I like to think of the OSCar as a worthy prototype, but it's understandable if it doesn't perform quite the same as the finished design