The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Synth1 Pluto Box - a FREE set for Synth1 with 127 presets and 10 Synthmorph sequences
Old 21st October 2016

🎧 10 years
Synth1 Pluto Box - a FREE set for Synth1 with 127 presets and 10 Synthmorph sequences

Synthmorph's first FREE offer is the Synth1 Pluto Box soundset for the famous free virtual analog Synth1 with 127 presets and 10 Synthmorph sequences.

Based on the love of the Nord Lead 2 the author tried to mirror some advanced concepts of the hardware on the software side. This goal was accomplished in part due to the major differences. Despite the several shortcomings of Synth1 he became attached to this free synth plug-in because of its limitations, ease-of-use and flexibility. Hence, getting all the presets into shape was a pure fun.

Nearly all presets use subtle modulations from modulation wheel or aftertouch, so expressivity is always at your fingertips.

The presets coupled with the Synthmorph concept offers you 10 MIDI sequences with multiple automation lines producing sound morphs that will literally breathe a new life even into simple preset sounds.

Synth1 Pluto Box features:
β€’ 127 categorized Synth1 presets
β€’ Included: 16 Arp, 14 Bass, 32 Key, 8 Lead, 10 Pad, 44 SFX, 4 Kick
β€’ 10 Synthmorph MIDI sequences both in MIDI and mp3 audio
β€’ Detailed PDF manual with installation and usage tips

Price: FREE
Old 22nd October 2016
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I messed around with these patches today and there are definitely some nice sounds to be found. I must say it amazes me that this synth continues to be so popular. I think I have over 200 soundbanks for it already.

Thank you for your generosity!
Old 22nd October 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sadly, Synth1 is unstable on Mac, at least in my experience.
Old 22nd October 2016

🎧 10 years
Indeed, I also experienced this instability on Mac OS unfortunately.
Rock solid on Windows though.

Did you guys try the included sequences as well?
Old 22nd October 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I haven't tried to install Pluto Box because I don't really want to bother with Synth1 for now. I would if I had a PC.
Old 25th October 2016

🎧 10 years
Here is my short Synth1 review:
Blessing or Curse? A Synth1 Review
Old 28th October 2016
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I tried the included sequences and it really made me wish that Synth1 had preset morphing built in so I could do stuff like this more easily. I'd love to own a Nord Lead 2 just because of it's morphing feature.

Your Synth1 review was also a very interesting thing to read and I have to agree with most of it. It's refreshing to see a very different type of review to what most reviews these days seem to be, especially on magazines. I wish more people did critical reviews in a similar style to yours, every product simply can't be a 9 or 10.

I agree that it's a big minus that the developer doesn't respond to emails. I emailed him a few years back and asked for better mod options but I never got a reply.
It might be that he doesn't speak English so well because it's not his native language, or maybe he is tired of getting so many emails? Unfortunately I've used to people not replying my emails, even some people that I consider being my friends do this. Of course I have been guilty of doing so myself too!
Another minuses for this synth is the horrible looking GUI looks and the modulation side that is lacking big time.

"...Synth1 will do the job and there is a chance that you'll become a better programmer over time and write better music 'using' its limitations."

Reading this made me smile as it was just recently that I finished one of my better tracks using mostly simple Synth1 patches. It might not be the fattest sounding synth out there but for some reason it's usually easy to fit in the mix and it also layers well with itself or other synths. It's also fantastic synth to be used on old computers with built in soundcards (using asio4all) because it uses so few CPU cycles. On my laptop it's using about 0.15-0.30% / voice @ 96khz sample rate.

There is something about the S1 sound that I really like. Even though I got some of the most hyped payware synths in my arsenal I still keep coming back to Synth1.

There are so many S1 soundbanks available that sometimes I wish I had an analog polysynth that could open them :D

I also agree with you on the stability. I don't remember S1 ever crashing during all these years when I have been using it.
Old 12th November 2016

🎧 10 years
Thanks for your feedback!
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…