Quantcast
Lindell Audio 17xs - User review - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lindell Audio 17xs
5 5 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Akin to his boutique 17x compressor, the 17xs is Lindell's take on classic 1176-style FET compression.

12th March 2014

Lindell Audio 17X by mookmoof

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Lindell Audio 17xs

Great sounding, affordable 1176-style FET compression. Great on vocals for light or heavy compression, but best is.. slamming the drum bus in parallel with 100:1 ratio, for 10+db Gain reduction. Follow with an attenuator and drive the transformers for amazing distortion. Unbelievable results!

7th March 2015

Lindell Audio 17X by Thatdamnnoob

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Lindell Audio 17xs

What a step up from my Art pro vla ii. I was between the 17xs and warm audio's wa76. The reviews from sound on sound are what really convinced me to go with the 17xs. Got mine from alto music on ebay for $659. I A & B'd tracks I did with the vla vs the 17xs. A huge leap in audio width, warmth, and fidelity. The vla tracks seemed murky in comparison.

The 17xs is extremely user friendly to dial in. The parrallel compression knob is an intuitive feature that the 17xs has over other 1176 fet style clones. The sidechain feature is useful. The unit itself is heavy and the knobs have a nice tactile feel. They turn with a sense of sturdiness and good build quality. Not to mention the unit is aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Vocals are smooth with plenty of headroom. The gain reduction is very subtle. Although this thing can also smash. Guitars really grab you, but do not sound shrill at all. The bass is tight with the aid of the sidechain and the 100:1 ratio. My great river me-1nv into the 17xs has taken my front end to another level. This compressor is a sleeper. I highly recommend it.