Quantcast
QUESTED 2108 - User review - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
QUESTED 2108
4.1 4.1 out of 5, based on 3 Reviews

Class A/B amplification platform, delivering two pristine channels of 200W to each of the drivers. The results are a mid-range that opens up a clearer picture of what is going on, plus the control from the extra power gives the V2108 a clean response down to 40Hz.

7th May 2013

QUESTED V2108 by Anghello

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use N/A
  • Features N/A
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 2.25
QUESTED 2108

Listening experience with 2108 convinced me to trip to Jablonec. Velvet is actually centre of hardware actions lately, at least for me. With most of what has been described in Ivo thread I agree, but I like to brought something controversional!
Maybe that 2108 and 3110 sound completely different than you expect. Hmm .. I thought it would be a bit better 7r and less 3110 .. But the nature of this monitor is quite different. When I first heard 7R, I was impressed with their performance, and a by very truthful (world-like) reproduction. But it is not perfectly flat monitor with great depth and detail like PSI. To me, 7r are little vintage souding.. same as Manley mastering monitor. Large 3110 remained the favorite work tool, ie monitors, on which I can joy to listen to and identify cons as well as bad nuances of a mix. No lies and other shenanigans - this how can be characterized Quested.

Good room would open all the differences in monitors. After the first moment of listening to 2108 I was very surprised by the balance and accuracy. Higher band is very similar to 3110, but significantly faster than 7r. Mid-range is bit drowned, but still detailed and accurate. Can not say that this is a drop in frequency or corssover, but rather a decent sound of two-way. I mean slightly mumbled midrange in comparison with really huge 3110. In this regard, in 2108 reminded me Geithain, therefore nothing for what might be ashamed of. On the other hand, after listening to dozens of recordings I found a pleasant little surprise. I heard a clear errors in some commercial masters which, although they wereon the big brother much "bigger" .. but equally noticable in 2108. Working with these monitors make me thinking all the time - they are perfect for mixing. Have to say that I am just very impressed because it is great sound, which linkes me to modern studio format. Characterized by its full, clear, and deep tone. Monitor are inspiring and musical, they motivates to listen music and while staying transparent and detailed. Transients are very fast and space (3D) is as large as the PSI. Now I understand why Zimmer chose this model for their studios. Once you start making music in 2108, you feel that you are in a big cinema. It helps to set volume ratios of instruments especially in the mid. Unmentioned bass is fantastic. There's more than enough even for big room and wave is strong and stable. Not once I heard monitor somehow overwhelm or limping at higher volumes.

My love for 3110 is infinite, the reason why I am still more into them - and expecially for maximum dryness and truthfull space. But I bet 2108 will choose 90% engineers, because sound is totally reliable and solid. You have full control of performance and inspirational sound that lets KHO300 go for a walk. Musician, producer and sound engineer get exactly what they need. When I think about this, we're talking about an exceptional format of monitors.

22nd October 2015

QUESTED V2108 by benhunk

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 2 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.25
QUESTED 2108

I bought a mercury pair 6 months ago and I wanted to share my experiences for those who wants to buy them :

1. probably one of the best speakers I have tried if you work on acoustic musics, especially classical music --- they are very unhypped and the mid is very very detailed -- the sound is huge

2. I find them very hard to mix "pop" or "urban" music on --- still haven t been able to understand how to work with the low part of a pop song with those speakers.
Excellent though concerning the mids and highs. I mess up all the time my mixes in the low parts for those type of punchy productions --- so I basically keep using my dynaudios BM12a and Bm5a for pop music

If you do acoustic music, go for it ... if not, you should really give them a try because they don t work for me -- I hope I will be able to chnage my mind but it s been 6 months already !

cheers

Ben

23rd May 2021

QUESTED V2108 by ABBA

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
QUESTED 2108

I've owned and worked with many monitors: Adam, Eve, Dynaudio, Genelec (new and old), Neumann, Ino Audio, PMC, NS10, Barefoot, ATC, Munro, B&W, Amphion, Hedd, PSI, Focal. JBL and more. It's been a long long journey, interesting and fun but also frustrating and expensive...

These Quested monitors have something special: Musicality and a natural relaxed way of presenting the full picture.
Beautiful euphonic inspirational sound! VERY dynamic - punches you in the chest. Can play really loud.
Fantastic mids! No harshness/earfatigue. Surprisingly balanced, mixes translates well. Huge sweetspot!
If you get the lowmids slightly wrong in the mix, Quested v2108 will let you know about it.
Full, mighty, glorious, organic, deep, punchy, fat, warm but yet detailed. They amaze me every time I use them.
They much more fun and inspirational to work on compared to most speakers (with the exception of 3-way ATCs).

I am so tired of those overcritical, unmusical, bright, clinical, uninspiring, harsh, scooped, distorting monitors of other brands/makers. Even though a few of them also translated well for me. Every monitor needs to be learned and I'd rather love every minute learning them instead of painfully enduring a piercing sound stabbing my eardrums with ice picks. It's a weird choice for me to choose a speaker that makes an already great recording sound bad, bright, harsh, fatiguing. I'd just get something small bright as an additional speaker or look for überdetails i headphones if needed.

I was not impressed with Quested s8R, those were a bit tubby and soft. These v2108 are superior.
Slightly relaxed in the HF but it is all there. I never felt the need to raise those frequencies more (which you can in the back).
They are rather heavy and bulky, you need some space and sturdy stands. And of course a treated room.
The specs say 38Hz -6dB, they do not reach the lowest frequencies but in my room I can easily hear down to 28-30 Hz. No sub needed.
They are absolutely worth the investment but I do wish they were cheaper.

I usually try monitors with music from 70s to modern and save the most revealing music until the end - because that is where I personally can judge them. In my case it is classical music. I have some experience from earlier years recording classical music and I know what a full orchestra sounds like from many angels. ATC and Quested have so far been the clear winners. Many monitors bring out sounds that are barely there in the recording such as bow/fret noise, clicks, 2nd- to 3rd harmonics getting over emphasized. Unnatural harshness from the brass and string sections and surprisingly often a compressed version of the recording (perhaps because of weak amps). Quested and ATC just brings you the whole picture unbiased and with fantastic dynamics without effort. Beautiful and impressive!
Quested being cheaper than ATC fly way under the radar. All in my own opinion of course. Speakers are indeed very personal.

They sound truthful to the original source instead of adding their own sound or exaggerate certain frequencies.
It's just crazy how great the mids are in these V2108s, they really sound like very well made 3-way monitors.
You and your clients /customers will love how your recordings are presented in Quested V2108. Highly recommended.