MXR CSP202 Custom Comp Compressor by chaosgow

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
MXR Custom Comp

Introduction

I'd never owned an actual compressor for guitar before. I've been playing with less and less gain lately and was looking for something to hide my sloppy playing. I gave a few different comps a go at my local shop and this was the winner. I admit the selection wasn't big or boutique but there were around 6 to choose from.

Build Quality

It's a standard MXR small box. It's built out of strong materials and will last forever.

Sound Quality

As I said, I'm not largly knowledgable on guitar compressors but I do enjoy playing through this pedal. I use it to clean up my sloppy leads and cleans. It gives me an even level into the front of my amp and that's what I needed it to do. I have all the dails set at 12.

Extra Features

There's 2 knobs on the front and 2 more pots inside. To access the 2 pots, you remove the back plate and they're mounted on the PCB for easy enough access. You won't be accessing this on a stage though. Other than that, it's powered by a 9v battery or PSU and has an on/off footswitch. Simple plug n play.

Overall

It does the job I need it to do and that's all I can ask. Sounds good and easy to use. A real winner.