4th May 2012

Ibanez DM-1000 by erikdrink

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.25
Ibanez DM1000

Bought this one for a couple of years ago and I've used it regurarly.
Great unit if you want some lo-fi warm delay.
Very easy to use and great build quality as well.
Not going to write anything more other than this is well worth checking out due to its low cost!

18th June 2012

Ibanez DM-1000 by frans

• Sound Quality 2 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 2 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.5
Ibanez DM1000

This delay can be had for little money - it's sound is more on the analog side, rather dirty and fudgy: great!! I found that a mix sometimes needs pristine and dirty delays to differentiate elements on a soundstage, this unit delivers. You want a quick rockabilly slapback? Done. Weird pitchmodulation? Granted. More dirt? Yes. It only has two sounds: slightly dirt and more dirty = exactly what your tracks/mixes need. For those who don't care about the SpaceEcho or need something that sounds closer to the original than the digital Roland clone.

4 days ago

Ibanez DM-1000 by rahn75

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 3 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Ibanez DM1000

It's probably the best sounding vintage digital delay I've ever heard. Just an opinion, obviously. The tone knob 2nd from the left allows you to darken/brighten the repeats making this preferable to a Boss DD2 with a Keeley mod because of it's adjustability. This is a feature not available on the dm500, it's little sibling.

The chorus is no slouch either. I currently own one of these units but I'm looking for another just to be able to use the chorus at the same time.

I love the simplicity of the unit. I can see where the levels are set and I don't need to worry that I missed something in some internal digital menu.