Quantcast
Korg PitchBlack Tuner - User review - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korg PitchBlack Tuner
5 5 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

A superior guitar tuner, true bypass, 4 tuning modes, including 2 strobe modes, extremely accurate, easy to use.

5th February 2012

Korg Pitchblack mini Pedal Tuner by darkhorse

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Korg PitchBlack Tuner

Rarely does anything in the guitar/bass pedal realm exceed ones expectations. Such was the pleasing experience of choosing this Korg PitchBlack tuner as my new board tuner.

Unique Strobe tuner accuracy and precision in a small pedal device.
I am not a big fan of the poly tune popularity as the interaction of string pull and neck tension tends to make such issues a moot point for me. Much less the thought of setting accurate intonation on a poly tuner, not something I would entertain.

I believe this tuner to be the best of all the similar priced models and its 4 mode and strobe ability put it way out it front.

Choose from four types of display modes:
Full Strobe, Half Strobe, Meter Mode, Mirror Mode.
A broad detection range from E0 (20.60 Hz) to C8 (4186 Hz).
Calibration is adjustable from 436 -- 445 Hz.

Each mode is a breeze to select and use and it retains the last one used. I tend not to run my tuner in line even though this is true bypass. I prefer to feed my tuner off a spare dry out.

Much smaller than what one might imagine, very well built, bright readout. Was slightly less than 3 other tuners I looked at and much more in features.
I am so glad I picked this one. A superb unit.
The accuracy of the strobe and mirror modes is uncanny, able to detect the most minute drifts in the straight fret style guitar neck.

There is also the ability of this unit to daisy chain a power feeds which is another something I do not use or attempt. Seems to be designed for those who can appreciate the tech and for those who are not aware of it.

5th February 2012

Korg Pitchblack mini Pedal Tuner by Ward Pike

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Korg PitchBlack Tuner

I concur with the previous review and will spare you repeating any details only to say that it has far surpassed all my expectations and is especially accurate compared to its competition.

It does a fantastic job tuning electric guitars, 5 and 6 string BASS as well as old analog synthesizers. Much to the point that I often think... what's a Peterson?

A great investment and cheap as dirt.

Sound quality: The true bypass is indeed a fair statement.