The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neumann NDH 30
5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Absolutely amazing earcups. All Neumann wrote about them is true.

19th October 2022

Neumann NDH 30 by Leveuho

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Neumann NDH 30

I've got them to get an additional mix check tool, ended up with people running around the studio, because everybody in three of our control rooms wants to work with them, not with the monitors...

Neumann states on their website, that NDH 30s are "similar to a perflectly calibrated Neumann loudspeaker system". I treated this with a lot of obvious skepticism, then they arrived and I put them on - and compared against Shure SRH1840 and Beyerdynamic DT1990 Pro. Neumann was an absolutely clear winner.

First of all, they sound very natural and they are very well balanced. After giving them a bit (really a bit) of additional EQ-ing, they were actually almost indistinguishable from my KSD C88, situated in a very well treated and a very linear room! I was truly shocked with this fact.

They are also just incredibly detailed and give you an amazing insight into anything you want to dissect in your mix. In fact, I realised also that getting them as my additional mix check tool was a grave mistake. This is not a mix check tool, this is a mixing tool itself, a serious one. I can easily imagine a situation when I travel, mix and then get back to the studio to.. check the mix on my C88s, not the opposite way!

Yes, as crazy as it might sound, Neumann NDH30 is capable of being your monitor replacement, and not just a decent one, but an incredible one. If you don't have a treated room, your room is too small, your budget is too tight - leave the idea of getting cheap monitors and grab a pair of NDH 30s. Thank me later.

I should probably mention also that simple listening to music on them after hours delivers tons of regular, plain pleasure

My video test of Neumanns is here: