Quantcast
Behringer Xenyx 1002 - User review - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Xenyx 1002
4.75 4.75 out of 5, based on 1 Review

cheap alround mixer for live music or hifi in case you need someting for your studio production or hifi setup

24th October 2021

Behringer Xenyx 1002 by gasolin

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Behringer Xenyx 1002

I only use it to control gain and as a souce selector or enhancer the inputs (add more than most monitor controllers have), since i have the usually hifi stuff, cdplayer,dac from my pc (topping D10 Balanced) ,turntable (+ phonostage) and a casette deck, use mackie MR624 with roland black series balanced cable and non balanced when not needing balanced, i needed something small and reasonable priced 61 euros at thoman.de

Im surprised it sounds so good, only had it for a few days, if it will last 1 month, 1 year or 10 years i don't know i just know it works really good except for a little more resistance using the balance compare to the volume, no mute for the channels you don't use (gain match and mute what you don't use the channels) it could have a larger range of the level meter(more leds like 2x8 instaead of 2x4) but usefull for not overdrive the signal,distortion, no on/off button, a power distributor with an on/off button is a cheap solution for that, if you don't want to keep it on 24/7 or keep unpluggin it every time you don't need it for a longer time, it would have been nice to have eq on all inputs,channels regardless of what yourusing it for, pa,hifi or a small live event

I don't experience any noise,nothing ratteling or any other gaps inperfection in the build quality worth mentioning

If you have the right trs, jack cable (roland black series are very reasonbale priced and sound good,haven't had so fare anything to complain about) it's a cheap alternative to an expensive new or used preamp and it sounds to me more than okay + you get warranty which you don't get for a similar priced "used" preamp