Quantcast
HEDD Type 07 MK2 - User review - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HEDD Type 07 MK2
4 4 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Good but noisy and the standby feature is very slow to wake.

20th October 2021

HEDD Type 07 MK2 by wooderson

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4
HEDD Type 07 MK2

Purchased to replace a pair of Adam T7Vs - weighed these vs. options in the $4k range (like the Hedd Type 20 MK2). I really wanted a pair of closed box speakers

Sound quality is very good - with the ports closed, the bass is solid and tight, not boomy like I've experienced with lower budget monitors. I don't want to go back to ported!

Bass extension with the ports closed was not usable for me - at normal playing volumes it was hitting the limiter. There's plenty of bass as-is for me so not a big deal.

The two major drawbacks - the standby feature is very very slow to wake (and sometimes doesn't unless I crank the volume on my interface for a minute). From hitting play on a song it's about 40 seconds and I've counted higher. I like the idea of standby for energy savings but I expected more like 5-10 seconds to wake.

The other is the amount of self-noise (tweeter hiss) - it's worse than the Adam T7Vs I had before. I can hear it in a quietish (ceiling fan) room out to 1.5m or so.

All in all I'm glad I didn't get the Hedd Type 20 MK2 for a bit over twice as much. These are good for the price but at the higher prices I'd be apt to look around a bit more or save for the Genelec 83xx series.