Quantcast
Iron Age Audioworks V2 - User review - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Iron Age Audioworks V2
5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

Super versatile EQ that is appropriate for tracking, mixing & mastering!

7th September 2021

Iron Age Audioworks V2 Equalizer by seawell

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Iron Age Audioworks V2

It's hard to imagine a more versatile eq at this price point. In tracking mode you get +/- 12db and in mastering mode you get +/- 3db. I ran the V2 on drums, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, piano, strings, vocals(male & female) and on the 2 Buss and it never failed to be up for the job. I appreciate the fact that it is dual mono(I used channel 1 for kick and channel 2 for snare for instance).

This is the 3rd piece of Iron Age Audioworks gear I've had the pleasure of using and for me this company has really established itself as one I can trust to deliver a sound and aesthetic that really fits how I like to hear musicality in a piece of gear.

Lastly, only taking up 1 rackspace is a huge plus for me! I know something like a pultec can look really impressive as you're building out your rack but as real estate in your rack gets tight, it becomes way more practical to have 2 channels of eq in 1 RU instead of 1 channel taking up 3!

If you'd like to hear the audio samples of the V2 in action, I put together a video review on my YouTube channel that you can view here: