22nd June 2021

Tegeler Audio Manufaktur Crème by sheriff

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Tegeler Audio Manufaktur Crème

Sound Quality - I only Gave it a 4 cuz the compressor is Tooo clean!!! Usually that's a good thing but sometimes i catch myself doing double takes to hear the compression working. This makes it great for a bunch of things and sometimes i like a bit of subtle "juice" on my signal but when it works its works beautifully. Its clean glue, way open stereo imaging and and the output gain smooth and balanced and the EQs are hard to miss. the shelving eq points are at decent frequencies that are very useful on anything.

Ease of Use - Don't need to be a rocket scientist to use it. everything is ergonomically laid out in series so its very intuitive in use. and its so fun to use u don't really have look, you can just feel your way around it. Recall is easy. Threshold and Output have detented potentiometers with 4 steps between each value. everything is stepped.

Features - Having the passive eq as part of the unit with Comp is clever and useful. Everything works in tandem so u don't miss the fact that there aren't separate bypass switches for the Comp and EQ. they are meant to work together. Beautiful to have the come go before or after the EQ and the side chain is comprehensive.

Bang for Buck - Super steal of a deal. at this price its worth a cop or try to see how it works in your setup. I got it on sale before the price was marginally increased so i got mine for less than its going for now. regardless it does a lot more than units twice the price.