Quantcast
RME ARC-USB Programmable USB Remote for Fireface UFX+ - User review - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RME ARC-USB Programmable USB Remote for Fireface UFX+
5 5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

You would think a $180USD controller for audio interface software wouldn't be worth it when you can just control it with a tablet, but if you use RME Totalmix and aren't total(ly)broke, it really, really is.

10th June 2021

RME ARC-USB Programmable USB Remote for Fireface UFX+ by JES

• Sound Quality N/A
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 3.75
RME ARC-USB Programmable USB Remote for Fireface UFX+

This BBS is designed to hype fancy things, but the best purchases always turn out to be utilities.

A dedicated control surface for the software controlling the sound going in and out of my computer is a very helpful thing to have. If you use an RME interface, the extra bit of outlay is really worthwhile.

Totalmix in combination with any of their interfaces is already configurable as a full-fledged monitor controller system. Moving it from mouse clicks into hardware makes a huge difference if you are constantly adjusting levels, switching monitors, checking mono, using talkback, etc. Even when I'm not doing audio, I'm using sound on my computer all day right now. A dedicated piece of hardware for these functions just makes so much sense.

The unit is also very programmable and RME includes alternative labels should you want to assign other functions to the buttons.

My only critique is that design-wise the edges aren't as smooth for laying your hand on it as the original Babyface, but otherwise it's perfect.

I am disappointed that I didn't purchase this immediately when it came out. But utilities never seem that exciting.