Quantcast
KS Audio C88 - User review - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
KS Audio C88
4.5 4.5 out of 5, based on 1 Review

More than solid mid fields with just one doubt.

3rd May 2021

KS Audio C88 by Leveuho

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 4 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
KS Audio C88

I've been using these for more than 6 months now and feel competent enough to write a short review.

First: their sound is absolutely amazing. Detailed, balanced, giving you insight into anything you wish in mid field group of speakers. I experienced some issues in lower mids when setting them up (a bit hollow there), but these were minor room acoustics flaws I managed to handle.

No mater whether this is a music mix, a TV job, a 5.1 setup, they will always deliver and they translate very, very well indeed. And they really do provide you with info on your lowest end without using a sub!

Also, they are equipped with 3-band EQ plus a remote control via KSD-RC controller, which is nice.

I give them 4 stars for sound quality though, because it's all true - they are quite noisy. Usually I don't mind this, but when mixing/denoising quiet TV/cinema dialogues, I actually do care and I switch to my APS Klasiks for example to get the job done.

They are also extremely heavy, which affects "ease of use" factor as for me.

Would I change them for something else? Only Neumann KH310, which were more quiet, obviously, but somehow subjectively hyped to my ears. I'll stick to my C88 with pleasure!