8th March 2021

Polyend Tracker by kobeflip

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Polyend Tracker

I purchased the Tracker at the end of 2020 and have used it about 3 months. I had never used a tracker before but was drawn to the immediacy of seeing the information about each note spatially arranged alongside other instruments and notes. That was something I felt absent from my experience with the Deluge. So, I took the leap.

It is a sleek, well-priced device at under $600 US. Buttons are pleasantly clicky. It's easily portable with a power bank. It contains the elements internally to create a song yet boasts a solid midi (USB & 3.5mm) implementation to interact with other devices.

The sample handling is clearly where this shines. Despite a somewhat stingy limit of <2min of samples per project, it permits all kinds of live and production manipulation of the samples. I sold my BlackBox from 1010 because the Tracker made it unnecessary and I was willing to adapt to the sample length constraint. It's just easier to manipulate samples in Tracker, wether for wavetable, granular, or other purposes.

The downsides are few, but notable:
1. MIDI interaction is a work in progress. If you have too much MIDI action, the Tracker display with slow and you may crash out. It's rare and requires a lot of external midi action, but it's an issue as of 1.3.0 nonetheless.
2. It sports only 8 channels. This is personal preference, but I'd have liked more. Everyone wants more. :-) But it imposes a discipline which I can appreciate.
3. USB data transfer to the microSD card requires the Mac user to use an Android app which is kinda lame. I find myself just using the card as the transfer medium rather than attempting transfer over USB.
4. The aforementioned sample limit.

My guess is that my issues are really a function of RAM and that limit is what makes this powerful device come it at under $600. I still consider it a steal. And once you get into Performance mode, you won't look back. It's a hell of a package.

9th March 2021

Polyend Tracker by Begenius

• Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Polyend Tracker

My thougts ,after 3 days of the PT use ,are:
pros
-Εxcellent UI,extremelly easy and self expanatory-
-Built quallity/design/made in EU (Polland)-*not another one chinnesse product
-Inspiring workflow is easy not much muscle memory
-Screen
-O.S design -navigation-dont need a manual
-Clever add ons -pattern FILL-Performance mode-sents 6xmidiCC per track-randomizing-
-Easy to sample and edit live audio from - radio-mic or line in
-VFM hardware tracker/seq/synth sampler/at 499 !euros-
-Promising product development w/firmware updates-github open beta platform for testers /users

cons (so far)
-Expected limitations -8xTrack -that all you'll got for Instrument/midi use- 8 x note polyphony
-5 x1/8 mini jacks-only 1 x audio out/headphones
-2 x software freeze situations on v1.3-nothing lost
-Needs some software development on firmware fixes -bugs-etc

All and all i am quite happy for now!
Thinking of buying another one for sync 15 track/back up live use!

4 weeks ago

Polyend Tracker by Nestor.sellfones

• Ease of use 3 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Polyend Tracker

Well, I need to very clear on why I am posting this commentary on here. It is for class purposes, but I am speaking completely honestly about The Polyend Tracker. Here we go… A very long time ago I was introduced to Renoize and its Tracker program by a fellow junglist friend and was very surprised about how it functioned as I strictly worked in Ableton. The sound my buddy was getting out of it was intense and beautiful to me! The breaks and insert filters he had control of was overwhelming. I tried it out on my own but failed when using it on my own.
Flash forward 8 years later and here we are. I had seen the hardware version of the Tracker by Polyend and fell in love with its overall look and ease of workflow. What sealed the deal was a quick search for Polyend Tracker Jungle and presto! Pete Canon with an amazing tutorial on how to chop breaks with ease. Here is a link to the video mentioned, https://youtu.be/MiZmhyka7wU I must let you know I am in no way sponsored by Polyend or Pete Canon.
So now after drooling for the Tracker I finally gave in and purchased it from a shop in Chicago. Upon receiving my Tracker I felt like a kid at Christmas. It had been a very long time since I purchased a new piece and was very well pleased. It is very well-designed machine with plenty of power for processing your tracks. I will keep this short and sweet and let you know that I am still in the beginning stages of producing on it and have a great time working with it. It has an autofill function that has so many different variations and scales that it makes it fun and easy to create new and unique patterns with ease. I am no way a professional and make music as a hobby so please excuse the vagueness as I do not know the technical terms.
In the end I have made, maybe a handful of skeleton beats and have used it to MIDI out to my Uno Synth and have been happy with its randomness I have created. All and all I am doing my best to make time to create new melodies and beats. In conclusion I highly recommend the Polyend Tracker for all aspects of music makers. Using this machine and the freedom it brings has given me inspiration to make something new.[/SIZE]