8th March 2021

Polyend Tracker by kobeflip

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Polyend Tracker

I purchased the Tracker at the end of 2020 and have used it about 3 months. I had never used a tracker before but was drawn to the immediacy of seeing the information about each note spatially arranged alongside other instruments and notes. That was something I felt absent from my experience with the Deluge. So, I took the leap.

It is a sleek, well-priced device at under $600 US. Buttons are pleasantly clicky. It's easily portable with a power bank. It contains the elements internally to create a song yet boasts a solid midi (USB & 3.5mm) implementation to interact with other devices.

The sample handling is clearly where this shines. Despite a somewhat stingy limit of <2min of samples per project, it permits all kinds of live and production manipulation of the samples. I sold my BlackBox from 1010 because the Tracker made it unnecessary and I was willing to adapt to the sample length constraint. It's just easier to manipulate samples in Tracker, wether for wavetable, granular, or other purposes.

The downsides are few, but notable:
1. MIDI interaction is a work in progress. If you have too much MIDI action, the Tracker display with slow and you may crash out. It's rare and requires a lot of external midi action, but it's an issue as of 1.3.0 nonetheless.
2. It sports only 8 channels. This is personal preference, but I'd have liked more. Everyone wants more. :-) But it imposes a discipline which I can appreciate.
3. USB data transfer to the microSD card requires the Mac user to use an Android app which is kinda lame. I find myself just using the card as the transfer medium rather than attempting transfer over USB.
4. The aforementioned sample limit.

My guess is that my issues are really a function of RAM and that limit is what makes this powerful device come it at under $600. I still consider it a steal. And once you get into Performance mode, you won't look back. It's a hell of a package.

9th March 2021

Polyend Tracker by Begenius

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Polyend Tracker

My thougts ,after 3 days of the PT use ,are:
pros
-Εxcellent UI,extremelly easy and self expanatory-
-Built quallity/design/made in EU (Polland)-*not another one chinnesse product
-Inspiring workflow is easy not much muscle memory
-Screen
-O.S design -navigation-dont need a manual
-Clever add ons -pattern FILL-Performance mode-sents 6xmidiCC per track-randomizing-
-Easy to sample and edit live audio from - radio-mic or line in
-VFM hardware tracker/seq/synth sampler/at 499 !euros-
-Promising product development w/firmware updates-github open beta platform for testers /users

cons (so far)
-Expected limitations -8xTrack -that all you'll got for Instrument/midi use- 8 x note polyphony
-5 x1/8 mini jacks-only 1 x audio out/headphones
-2 x software freeze situations on v1.3-nothing lost
-Needs some software development on firmware fixes -bugs-etc

All and all i am quite happy for now!
Thinking of buying another one for sync 15 track/back up live use!