2nd November 2020

Sonic Farm Creamliner III by Young.baws

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Sonicfarm Sonicfarm Creamliner III

I needed an « analog more » box for mixing purposes, clean true analog harmonics instead of plugins.

Before my purchase I’ve contacted Sonicfarm..and the people at Sonicfarm were very helpful and friendly during the whole process.

The shipping went perfectly well.
When I received the unit, I was very impressed by its weight! I mean its heavy! It’s built like a tank.

This was my fist impressions:

- I was very surprised by the extremely low noise on this unit (knowing the amount of new harmonics added into the signal)
- Impressive built quality
- The knobs feels great
- The Tone (Fat/air) feels like patching another hardware, the phase is on point and recall is easy
- The controls are very intuitive
- I was surprised that the Creamliner is at ease with very high line levels
- it finds it way easily to any setup
- The unit is beautiful when powered on
_

Now, after getting used to its options and sound, I use it for every occasion.

Mix prep: I pass the tracks into it for it’s various types of harmonics (triode or pentode, solid state or output transformer)
Mix: mix buss (in triode, solid state)
Mastering: last in the chain, or first in the chain (in pentode + input att, solid state)
Recording: after my vocal preamp & before the compressor (triode, output transformer)

My big surprise was the EQ: the frequency selection could not be better. And its so clean. The way I work with it is that I use it only for mix prep/stems for an easier recall (stereo calibration).

Again I’m very impressed by the build quality and the noise floor. The harmonics generated are very clean and unique (pentode, triode, solid state output, transformer output, input attenuation..), the sound coming out of the Creamliner is actually better not just different. Oh, and some red in my rack feels great too

Thank you Sonicfarm!

25th October 2021

Sonic Farm Creamliner III by astralpen

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
Sonicfarm Sonicfarm Creamliner III

Creamliner III - What a great piece. I have owned a bunch of mix bus processors: Black Box HG-2, Whitestone P331, Elysia Karacter…but the Creamliner is my favorite. It just adds a sense of dimension and fullness to a mix without being overbearing. The EQ options are sweet and can just subtly color a mix, even with the gain all the way down. Definitely has a permanent place in my rack. And, the customer service and support from Boris is top notch.