5th September 2019

Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK by strongocho

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.75
Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK

Great bang for your buck. Being able to record 6 mono synths or dum machines and 2 stereo channels live into your DAW for under $400 is just outrageous... I doubt anyone would be upset with this unit. The only thing I can complain about is that the only stereo output is the main L/R. I am more used to DJ style mixers and like to have multiple Main/Booth/etc stereo outputs to route to samplers or other recording or monitoring devices. I love the AUX1/AUX2 and how you can seperate tracks into them at will, but they are mono and it is so frustrating. If these outputs were stereo, this would be the perfect mixer for me as I could have a main output and then 2 others to route to samplers with themselves muted to avoid interference. That would be so amazing. That is a small complaint though and I still absolutely recommend this in the under $500 range. I still do what I described with the samplers, I just have to sample exclusively in mono.

Attached Thumbnails
Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK-honeyview_20190905_030438.jpg  

2 weeks ago

Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK by n13L5

• Sound Quality 4 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 4 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 4.5
Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK

++++ Simple as can be to operate - well, its analog.
+++ great 12x12 USB Interface that has been flawless on every Windows PC I have.
+++ clean sound.
+++ Latency is as good as you'll get it for a USB-2 interface.
It won't be able to match newer USB-3 interfaces though.
So if you want to listen to what you play through your DAW, there is some latency - better to listen direct, while you play.
+++There's a USB A plug you can use for an LED mixer light, which is great.
++ It has all the basics required for making 12 channel recordings to your DAW or other recorder.
--- Limiters are only available for channel 1 and 2. this could be a reason for some people to exclude this from their list and buy something more expensive.
I don't mind, because I have different mixers for different purposes.

I got mine for 250 Euros, so my rating may be somewhat high, because expectation and the perception of quality is also related to the price paid.

The way the mixer is built, it creates a space underneath it, which helps cooling and the power cable goes in underneath as well, making it very unlikely to get accidentally unplugged.

I found everything conveniently located, with no hindrances to make full use of everything.