The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ProReplicas 1176 Rev. A
5 5 out of 5, based on 2 Reviews

Amazing vintage 1176 replica for a great price.

11th January 2018

ProReplicas 1176 Rev. A by JSchlomo

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
ProReplicas 1176 Rev. A

I've never used an original bluestripe Rev. A 1176, I never even saw one other than on pictures. But I have used many Rev. E and D and Rev. G 1176s over the years and think I have understood what makes the Rev. A so special and so well loved for vocals especially.

The ProReplicas is beautifully crafted, looks amazing and sounds so, too. It's a real 1176. If you can find the original transformers Robert will put them in for you, I went with the Ed Anderson recreations and am very happy.

Robert himself is a very very nice guy and delivers on time. The price he calls for his products is ridiculous given the craftmansship: He is not building clones with Chinese parts and some brand transformers, he is recreating the original in every possible aspect.

I believe everyone needs at least one good HW compressor for tracking or the money track in the mix. The ProReplicas 1176 sounds like a million bucks. Punch, vibe and midrange density for ages. Mine lives on the lead vocal buss since I got it a year ago. I have also used it on bass, snares and guitars. It made everything shine.

The noise floor is not problematic, many people ask that. Due to being true to the original schematic it's higher than on more modern 1176s, but far from being an issue.

I need another one!

30th August 2022

ProReplicas 1176 Rev. A by carolcappetta

• Sound Quality 5 out of 5
  • Ease of use 5 out of 5
  • Features 5 out of 5
  • Bang for buck 5 out of 5
  • Overall: 5
ProReplicas 1176 Rev. A

I had the lucky pleasure of going to a pro studio and listen to the original universal audio rev a, side by side with a Proreplicas rev a. The studio owner who is a close friend and mentor of mine was laughing uncontrollably and told me there’s no way you can tell them apart.
We ran bass guitar, vocals, kick and snare and even for fun a few keyboard tracks.
I have heard of so many companies claiming they nailed the rev a only to find out that, “it’s close but it takes too much of the low end away” or it’s not as fast as the original, etc etc.
Proreplicas some how has the special secret sauce that makes this identical, not close, not kind of but indistinguishable.
We took a break after an hour, grabbed dinner and talked shop.
I stayed overnight because I wanted to wake up and listen again over coffee to the same tracks from the night before, but this time I recorded vocals, acoustic guitar and bass.
Just to make it fair my buddy allowed me to re-patch the order so he wouldn’t know if track 10 was the original or the Proreplicas and every time we couldn’t tell the difference.
Naturally I ordered one and should’ve ordered two, it landed today and I’ve been listening to every track I have recorded through this rev a and smiling from ear to ear.
That special electricity like warmth is always present.
I hated when I bought a brand new 1176 reissue and it took a good deal of low end frequencies away which is why I sold it long ago.
There is a sparkle on the top end that is silky and clear,
The mid range is right up and in front and the best part and to me the most important part is the up front and in your face sit in the mix but you could reach out and touch it sound !!!
I’ve always wanted that, I did a vocal and an acoustic guitar track and it sounded like it was recorded at Capital Studios.
Lets talk about how well this unit is built, it has nice weight to it, the knobs are dead on and the ratio and meter buttons are nice and chunky, nothing flimsy here at all. The meter is beautifully illuminated.
Most can’t afford and can’t justify the current prices of an original rev a, take my advice and don’t bother.
Reach out to Robert who is the nicest person around and buy yourself a true work of art.
Thank you Robert and I thank all of the nice folks here on gearspace who said nothing but great things about Robert and his revision A’s.

Attached Thumbnails
ProReplicas 1176 Rev. A-dbff6179-65bb-41a3-907f-157eb56d037c.jpeg