Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Page 51 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This might be of purely academic interest, but I find it interesting to see the representations of propagation patterns (by...

studer58
replies: 19 views: 2,829
David Rick 31st January 2016

Hi All, Curious to know if anyone makes a small flight case for NS-10's? Something that is foam lined, with a removable lid that...

Allaboutrhythm
replies: 4 views: 2,125
hbphotoav 30th January 2016

Hi all I found this post by DannyL in another thread about general sports broadcast. I'd like to ask a few questions for anyone...

nucelar
replies: 3 views: 1,933
nucelar 29th January 2016

This question might seem unusual, however I think many of you might have the specific knowledge to point me in the right...

NathanShirley
replies: 23 views: 1,463
A.alden 27th January 2016

So....i record in a barn..it would be real nice to run a send/return to a silo that is about 1300' away line of site. I do get...

kcswingmaster
replies: 35 views: 2,373
kcswingmaster 26th January 2016

Hi all, I've just bought myself a piano, which is in an adjacent room to my studio, it's the only place it could go. I want to...

wallyburger
replies: 7 views: 944
Petrus 26th January 2016

Hello everybody. I have to do something like this work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I-5fMc0in0 It is for live radio...

Ingenia
replies: 6 views: 900
Wyllys 24th January 2016

This looks like a way to beat the Far East labour market at its own game...and learn how to tweak a mic's performance to suit...

studer58
replies: 2 views: 646
Jim Williams 24th January 2016

Piano miking is one of the perennial topics which springs up here often, and it's thus refreshing to discover a new scholarly...

studer58
replies: 22 views: 3,497
Roland 24th January 2016

I need some advice on recording a guitar class. They will be playing on stage in a school auditorium. I figure a main pair plus...

Robfh
replies: 11 views: 1,041
studer58 24th January 2016

Hi all, can anyone recommend a guide for how to set loudness in classical recordings? Plush has recommended -3 or -4 db for the...

LarryS
replies: 14 views: 6,839
Petrus 23rd January 2016

Here's a page of interest to lovers of classic jazz..particularly Dave Brubeck's "Time Out" : session photos are...

studer58
replies: 25 views: 4,304
Thomas W. Bethe 23rd January 2016

There isn't a lot of information on GS about the Jecklin Disk, and not a lot of interest? We decided to build one inexpensively,...

Xenon
replies: 16 views: 4,280
Xenon 22nd January 2016

Free Pyramix Essentials with Merging interface If a customer purchases Hapi or Horus, he gets a Pyramix essentials until the...

Gaston69
replies: 33 views: 5,404
David Spearritt 21st January 2016

Recently, I recorded a community wind ensemble chamber concert. As an experiment, I put up several pairs. Two of the pairs were...

dgpretzel
replies: 18 views: 1,081
Audiop 21st January 2016

As you will be able to tell from my post - I'm new to this. I'd be grateful for any help or steer on recording a big band in...

M4granger
replies: 20 views: 1,733
robtweed 20th January 2016

Hey all, I'm so keen to be getting into sound production for films (indie, student, short...). I bought myself an awesome Rode...

Jaypin
replies: 9 views: 3,993
0verman 20th January 2016

First, want to say thanks in advance!! Situation: My amplified, hip-hop and rock jam band is planning on recording our next...

AzizaCo
replies: 2 views: 827
0verman 20th January 2016

I have a pair of JBL LSR-305s and was looking for a way to transport them. I have a flight case with foam for them, but wanted a...

TMetzinger
replies: 3 views: 697
hbphotoav 18th January 2016

First, want to say thanks in advance!! Situation: My amplified, hip-hop and rock jam band is planning on recording our next...

AzizaCo
replies: 1 views: 824
AzizaCo 18th January 2016

Hey all, appreciate the help here. I am looking for a good headset mic solution for recording speech vocals inside of noisy...

alexcornell
replies: 1 views: 575
Bruce Watson 18th January 2016

My Engineer and Producer headphones for location records are Sennheiser HD650s. I need around 4 more sets for 'control room'...

njrsound
replies: 16 views: 1,730
DistortingJack 18th January 2016

I'll do 2 separate demo recordings with a solo trumpet player and a viola solo player in a medium church. I have 4 no hype...

monitor
replies: 2 views: 737
monitor 18th January 2016

EMPAC-Produced Albums Earn Top Marks – Inside Rensselaer

Marlan
replies: 1 views: 517
caleymw 17th January 2016

Product Review - DPA d:dicate

studer58
replies: 1 views: 585
connloyalist 17th January 2016

Hello! I have been recording with CM3s in "wide ORTF" (Wide ORTF-CM3 (F9QV4WQ7A) by SRSRecordingServices in a Rycote...

bkazez
replies: 21 views: 3,147
Given To Fly 17th January 2016

Hello! I am an operatic tenor and I enjoy tinkering with sound equipment and editing software and such. My sound is not light...

jpark5
replies: 9 views: 1,432
studer58 17th January 2016

This seems to be a pretty affordable ribbon mic. Anybody have any experience with this one? And while I'm at it: any...

DigiDutch
replies: 10 views: 8,068
bubba 9 15th January 2016

most of the work that remote engineers do involves ensemble micing techniques such as ORTF or spaced omnis or blumlein or...

jnorman
replies: 2 views: 927
jnorman 14th January 2016

Dear all, I wanted to report back after a demo recording I did for some befriended musicians. As always, I played along on...

apotheosis
replies: 23 views: 1,424
bkazez 14th January 2016

Somebody posted this on FaceBook and I saw a couple of my lifetime favorite microphones, the classic ElectroVoice RE-15. This...

Richard Crowley
replies: 4 views: 2,112
Thomas W. Bethe 14th January 2016

Happy new year to all. I have been a bit quiet recently due to being in the process of buying an apartment (so far I have always...

connloyalist
replies: 21 views: 1,689
David E Rose 11th January 2016
replies: - views: -
gousterman 11th January 2016

Hi all, This was an experiment with using just two mics (no spots), recording a jazz trio in a nice concert hall. The...

shosty
replies: 28 views: 2,086
shosty 11th January 2016

Despite the popularity in Europe of closely spaced voice spot pairs, this seems to do well with just one...although there are...

studer58
replies: 7 views: 1,008
Given To Fly 10th January 2016

Hi Everybody, I’ve been asked to record a competition submission of a high school student playing clarinet with a piano...

Tommy-boy
replies: 22 views: 2,533
Bruce Watson 10th January 2016

What makes for a better recording environment? A smaller room that is treated with acoustic foam or a larger room that is treated...

MyVoiceandSongs6
replies: 5 views: 734
Plush 9th January 2016

i'm playing acoustic guitar in a live setting and I'm wondering what mic I should use. I have these to choose from: small...

n8tron
replies: 16 views: 27,647
Remoteness 9th January 2016

Would anyone have any samples of a small to medium crowd preferably in an outdoor venue that they would be willing to share? I...

dudeitsree
replies: 0 views: 426
dudeitsree 9th January 2016
replies: 18 views: 1,197
apotheosis 8th January 2016

So I've taken on a bit of a unique project. I mix FOH for a medium-sized church 2-3 times a month and have been accumulating...

nafspark
replies: 16 views: 1,137
Arichlsss 7th January 2016

A while back I had a "hmm, that's interesting to know" experience after recording a concert. I had a stand up with...

connloyalist
replies: 30 views: 2,762
Rolo 46 5th January 2016

Hiya slutz, I'm putting together a very lightweight rig that I can fit in a backpack. I'm realizing that one of the biggest...

Lee Flier
replies: 21 views: 3,958
2manyrocks 5th January 2016

Here's an excerpt from a live marching band competition recorded in Colts stadium. Download for best results, captured at 24...

bcgood
replies: 2 views: 650
bcgood 3rd January 2016

I apologize in advance for this not being strictly a 'remote' topic, but for any of us who might occasionally use LD microphones...

studer58
replies: 6 views: 968
studer58 30th December 2015

An article about sound in today's NY...

boojum
replies: 2 views: 697
brhoward 30th December 2015

I have a couple of the Plug-In Alliance pieces. So I am on their mailing list. I thought I'd have a look at the Elysia Alpha...

DannyL
replies: 1 views: 716
Stimmt 29th December 2015

New file on Vierner, further down in a new post! Hi there! Will soon record a church organ and wondering what you think of this...

Janne_L
replies: 65 views: 5,992
mathieujm 29th December 2015
replies: 1 views: 704
Avatar for TheOracleofSherbrooke
TheOracleofSherbrooke 27th December 2015

Here's a sample of my first recording with 4061s, with a woodwind quintet playing a medley of carols. Other than the severe...

voltronic
replies: 10 views: 1,325
voltronic 27th December 2015

Moderators