Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Page 51 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 18 views: 1,194
apotheosis 8th January 2016

So I've taken on a bit of a unique project. I mix FOH for a medium-sized church 2-3 times a month and have been accumulating...

nafspark
replies: 16 views: 1,129
Arichlsss 7th January 2016

A while back I had a "hmm, that's interesting to know" experience after recording a concert. I had a stand up with...

connloyalist
replies: 30 views: 2,737
Rolo 46 5th January 2016

Hiya slutz, I'm putting together a very lightweight rig that I can fit in a backpack. I'm realizing that one of the biggest...

Lee Flier
replies: 21 views: 3,888
2manyrocks 5th January 2016

Here's an excerpt from a live marching band competition recorded in Colts stadium. Download for best results, captured at 24...

bcgood
replies: 2 views: 641
bcgood 3rd January 2016

I apologize in advance for this not being strictly a 'remote' topic, but for any of us who might occasionally use LD microphones...

studer58
replies: 6 views: 961
studer58 30th December 2015

An article about sound in today's NY...

boojum
replies: 2 views: 690
brhoward 30th December 2015

I have a couple of the Plug-In Alliance pieces. So I am on their mailing list. I thought I'd have a look at the Elysia Alpha...

DannyL
replies: 1 views: 709
Stimmt 29th December 2015

New file on Vierner, further down in a new post! Hi there! Will soon record a church organ and wondering what you think of this...

Janne_L
replies: 65 views: 5,941
mathieujm 29th December 2015
replies: 1 views: 688
Avatar for TheOracleofSherbrooke
TheOracleofSherbrooke 27th December 2015

Here's a sample of my first recording with 4061s, with a woodwind quintet playing a medley of carols. Other than the severe...

voltronic
replies: 10 views: 1,311
voltronic 27th December 2015

Now that I have a set of 4061s on the way, I suppose I need to fully join the club by making my own low-profile DIY carbon fiber...

voltronic
replies: 114 views: 10,878
voltronic 27th December 2015

Simple yet effective. My amateur choir held a concert with passion music: a contemporary Czech work for choir and organ, and the...

apotheosis
replies: 8 views: 1,030
tourtelot 26th December 2015

How come Stereo Windshield WS AC XY/MS Kit with connbox (in my case mzl) seems like so muxh more expensive than the ORTF kit with...

skyb
replies: 2 views: 1,183
skyb 25th December 2015

You can't keep a good tree down...they pop up everywhere ! Pause at 0:37 to see the choral version, plus use of isolation booths...

studer58
replies: 6 views: 751
Thomas W. Bethe 25th December 2015

As the groups I am recording get bigger and bigger, and the monitoring rooms apparently get farther and farther away from where...

apotheosis
replies: 5 views: 2,581
Audinate Tech EU 24th December 2015

my typical setup for sonata recording in the studio these days is to have the players face each other with a AB pair of omnis on...

jnorman
replies: 5 views: 951
hyper.real 24th December 2015

Has anyone here used a Neumann U89 as the side mic in a mid-side configuration ? I though I'd give it a try using either a Line...

studer58
replies: 9 views: 1,639
David Spearritt 23rd December 2015

Hi! I am planing sound for a 3 piece band + DJ night on New Year's Eve. The band will play for an hour and the DJ will play...

Spur
replies: 3 views: 2,643
Spur 23rd December 2015
replies: 0 views: 442
MBBCFP 23rd December 2015
replies: 0 views: 522
MBBCFP 23rd December 2015

I know it has been covered in a lot of topics, but I simlpy cannot decide. I am looking to finally buy two top-quality...

apotheosis
replies: 41 views: 5,341
apotheosis 22nd December 2015

Hey Guys, Just wondering: I'm doing a session in Rock Island, IL. Anybody know any first rate session bassists or drummers...

T.M.A.
replies: 0 views: 540
T.M.A. 20th December 2015

I record small classical ensembles, usually in church settings and use Nagra 7 and Tascam DA-3000 with Millennia hv32p preamp...

sd270
replies: 7 views: 3,204
sd270 19th December 2015

So... although, starting a sentence with "so" these days is supposed to be somehow wrong, just wrong... my philosophy...

joelpatterson
replies: 18 views: 1,320
studer58 18th December 2015

Mp3 clip of spaced SF-1 pair, facing forward, about 4 inches wider than textbook Faulkner array. Male soprano and piano, natural...

aracu
replies: 4 views: 1,078
aracu 17th December 2015

Christmas is coming! A first test with a three-microphone array based on the so-called Faulkner II-array: - pair of AT4050's...

apotheosis
replies: 25 views: 2,291
Adorno 16th December 2015

Starting in three minutes! MKH800s pulling their weight. Jazz combo in the concert too! Ji_7Xf51foQ

NorseHorse
replies: 4 views: 921
jimjazzdad 16th December 2015

I've been asked to record a recital consisting of 8 opera singers doing arias with piano accompaniment. Here's the layout: The...

jackelliott
replies: 11 views: 1,015
RobAnderson 14th December 2015

When recording multiple performances of the same program, such as a symphony concert, do you guys like to use separate sessions?...

JCBigler
replies: 3 views: 806
NetworkAudio 14th December 2015

I recently purchased two new / unused DPA 4061s second hand, and since I'll be using them as a stereo pair I wanted to see how...

voltronic
replies: 12 views: 1,630
voltronic 14th December 2015

Hey. I'm finding that most of the recording studios in New York don't have portable analog recorders to go and get sounds. At...

martian5000
replies: 14 views: 3,932
JackHenry 11th December 2015

I know there are quite a lot of threads in this format but I'm interested in peoples ideas.. In three days I'm recording a...

whippoorwill
replies: 10 views: 1,362
whippoorwill 11th December 2015

What do you guys charge for short turnarounds? I.e. delivering a mastered recording in a much shorter than normal time frame?...

JCBigler
replies: 19 views: 1,296
plus6vu 11th December 2015

Hi, I've searched GS but so far didn't find anything conclusive on my doubts... I'm thinking about adding 8 more channels to...

Strabinsky
replies: 4 views: 1,120
JonesH 10th December 2015

Hey guys! I just had to back out of a job on the 24th at 8 pm because of family commitments. The two engineers I usually...

A.alden
replies: 1 views: 803
jnorman 10th December 2015

Hello! At the recommendation of everyone here, I bought two CM3s, a wide "ORTF" mount, and a tall stand, as an upgrade...

bkazez
replies: 8 views: 1,020
bkazez 10th December 2015

Hey, I did this piano recording with a pair of Ehrlund microphones and a Soundfield. I mostly wanted to test how a Soundfield mic...

maladie
replies: 6 views: 1,115
maladie 9th December 2015

Hello to all You remote recording pro's, I'd be really glad to get some advice on recordig a baroque ensemble, specially...

XLR
replies: 10 views: 2,828
bkazez 8th December 2015

Im a conductor working with brass bands and wind bands in Norway and have decided to dip my toe into the world of mobile...

dirigentuk
replies: 0 views: 652
dirigentuk 5th December 2015

Not that you need any of your talent to be on location, what with the wonders of green screening... I spent a day at this place...

joelpatterson
replies: 5 views: 1,005
joelpatterson 4th December 2015

I have decades of experience recording in studios, using the standard multi-mic close-miking techniques. However, I'm interested...

Honkermann
replies: 57 views: 6,326
studer58 4th December 2015

This past week I've been on the hunt for some good holiday music to give to my family, friends and myself. I'm hoping to find...

[email protected]
replies: 1 views: 682
Richard Crowley 4th December 2015

Hey, I'm doing a little remote recording this weekend out of town Grand piano in the corner of a lobby The people won't mind,...

PhilB
replies: 3 views: 1,113
nnajar 4th December 2015

Hello, I have a computer monitor with four screws protruding from the back and a deep mobile rack so am looking for a way to...

ds11
replies: 2 views: 867
ds11 2nd December 2015

Hi all, I've joined in the hope you guys will be able to give me some advice regarding a disaster I've had this...

mcddrums
replies: 4 views: 838
Jim Williams 2nd December 2015

So, I have a few ORTF recordings of a three-piece group (harp, flute, oboe) where the performers were spread a bit too wide for...

jnorman
replies: 97 views: 7,335
Ebeowulf17 1st December 2015

Hi guys Looking for recommendations. I mostly/usually use Durec, and I need something to facilitate quick auditioning of mic...

krs
replies: 3 views: 872
Foldedpath 30th November 2015
replies: - views: -
JoeDeF 30th November 2015

First, my interest in this microphone is mainly as a practice/teaching tool, not as a replacement for a recording engineer. You...

Given To Fly
replies: 5 views: 2,520
panatrope 30th November 2015

Moderators