Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Page 51 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

What techniques/methods are you guys using when using the zoom h4n in the field to get good clean recordings? I am trying to...

Analog8
replies: 3 views: 1,084
JamesClark1991 1st June 2016

These short clips are from a recent concert of 6 strings + 6 voices. I recorded the concert with a native b-format array...

aracu
replies: 1 views: 538
boojum 1st June 2016

I was priveleged to record a wonderful Italian baroque concert tonight, in a stone church with nice acoustics...and not too many...

studer58
replies: 11 views: 1,215
studer58 31st May 2016

Not sure if there's any radio guys here, but looking for some opinions. I'm a consultant working on a small sports arena and...

Gohanto
replies: 3 views: 654
emrr 31st May 2016

Here's a recording I made just over a week ago, in a large timber ceiling old church in the city centre, hence occasional...

studer58
replies: 7 views: 748
studer58 29th May 2016

Hi all, I am a newbie on this world and this is my first post here. However I am professional classical flutist, I have...

Aleph
replies: 23 views: 2,587
Aleph 29th May 2016

just checking omnis on the MBHO pricelist. MBNM 410CL 279 € omni pattern condensor microphone MBP 648 219 €...

monitor
replies: 49 views: 11,147
jpgerard 28th May 2016

Last week I had the opportunity to record the Delta Symphony Orchestra in Greenville Mississippi, with guest Steinway artist...

hbphotoav
replies: 44 views: 14,288
lagoausente 28th May 2016

i've been hired to record an event at this, this beast of a venue. i don't know if words can describe how large it is -...

charlienyc
replies: 6 views: 1,529
charlienyc 27th May 2016

For those interested, this video gives a very brief view on some microphones used for the semi-finals and finals of the Queen...

apotheosis
replies: 3 views: 683
apotheosis 26th May 2016

Sleeper mics on the Slutz forum... Am wondering if anybody has anything to say about the Beyerdinamic MC840 multi...

Lorenzop
replies: 1 views: 1,596
matyas 26th May 2016

I've recorded a couple harpsichords before, but will be doing a more critical harpsichord recording fairly soon. In the past...

NathanShirley
replies: 9 views: 1,572
studer58 26th May 2016

so I have another couple of sessions scheduled with an operatic soprano with piano accompaniment at the pianist's living room (it...

jnorman
replies: 4 views: 670
studer58 25th May 2016

I've tested now some Mic's for a permanent installation in a big church in Detmold, Germany, and finally we had to decide between...

enterprise11
replies: 14 views: 19,689
jpgerard 25th May 2016

Hello Gents, I'm hoping to post this query in the right forum. I could really use your advice and knowledge in the live...

lemix
replies: 3 views: 1,291
lemix 24th May 2016

Digital stageboxes could be a nice solution for live-recordings - and of course they can be cost-effective (integrating stagebox,...

Christof
replies: 23 views: 3,835
wrenc 23rd May 2016

So I have an oldish Soundtracs FM mixer which works but it has a few channels that don't pass Phantom anymore. It could...

Lorenzop
replies: 12 views: 2,045
Jim Williams 23rd May 2016

I'm looking for suggestions for hardware sequencers with at least 16 polyphonic tracks that you can preferably export your...

Mikael B
replies: 2 views: 1,246
Mikael B 23rd May 2016

Dear all, I had the opportunity of playing with and recording a great bunch of singers in the fabulous Bach Motets. Altough...

apotheosis
replies: 48 views: 2,504
studer58 23rd May 2016

I just got this email update from Chesky Records with photos from the recent Alexis Cole and Noah Wall sessions showing a vocal...

bwanajim
replies: 13 views: 5,110
bwanajim 22nd May 2016

I am starting recording mostly classical chamber music on location, sometimes organ and choir also. My question is if you...

nazaraei
replies: 2 views: 551
nazaraei 21st May 2016

Boxy Victorian dance hall Good band and ace cellist Straight to stereo MKH 30/30 Its not to EMI standard but I quite like the...

Rolo 46
replies: 67 views: 8,591
Larry Elliott 21st May 2016

detailed look at Decca recording of 'Nessun Dorma' with Luciano P 1972, Kingsway Hall, London : Luciano Pavarotti 'Nessun Dorma'...

studer58
replies: 8 views: 1,125
Rolo 46 20th May 2016

I'd love to have some feedback on this recording I recently made. It was recorded in a very large living room with a very high...

NathanShirley
replies: 15 views: 1,132
NathanShirley 19th May 2016

So how exactly does one go about mic'ing a Bassoon with a single spot mic? More specifics: in an orchestral setting (small...

locosoundman
replies: 9 views: 4,526
rumleymusic 18th May 2016

I watched on PBS last night the Indianapolis Violin Competition. The sound was pretty bad. The vid folks must have ruled the...

boojum
replies: 2 views: 564
RPC 17th May 2016

Recording just one mono instrument signal (Vox or Guitar or Piano...) Any tips on the better way to do it - should I fill just...

Lorenzop
replies: 3 views: 601
bushwick 16th May 2016

Hi, I'm about to finish a live classical orchestra recording I've been working on for a while (mainly trying to cover up cracked...

pschneider
replies: 54 views: 19,027
pschneider 15th May 2016

Hey, everybody, Just ran my first classical session w/ a new pair of Beyerdynamic MC930's. I've been really impressed with the...

SG_OC
replies: 8 views: 1,381
SG_OC 14th May 2016

...and I wouldn't even have chosen that particular mic for the recording. But it works... no question. The entire 19 minutes is...

hbphotoav
replies: 6 views: 1,123
studer58 14th May 2016

I recently recorded a wind quartet plus fortepiano, and neglected to add a spot mic to the fortepiano. The miking was simply an...

studer58
replies: 17 views: 1,689
apotheosis 14th May 2016

This is a recent piano recording, Mendelssohn little piece. Piano was Steinway D, that model had a kinda relaxed warm sound. Rec...

Constantin
replies: 12 views: 1,152
Lurcher_lover 14th May 2016

I was just answering a question over on StackExchange:Sound Design (a schizophrenic name and forum) and realized that P48 Phantom...

Richard Crowley
replies: 16 views: 1,691
panatrope 13th May 2016

I have been out of things for a few months (feels like years) because I was moving to a new house. I am now slowly getting back...

connloyalist
replies: 2 views: 1,017
Honkermann 13th May 2016

To the recording engineers, have any of you noticed a correlation between how musicians orient themselves in a space and where...

Given To Fly
replies: 20 views: 1,232
hughshouse 11th May 2016

So yesterday I recorded Rachmaninov Vigil sung by two choirs (one of which I manage and sing in). The concert was in the Orthodox...

soundophiliac
replies: 7 views: 835
David E Rose 10th May 2016

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been done before, but I just did a quick test with an ORTF rig plus an omni mic centered between...

Deleted 2d58179
replies: 14 views: 8,701
surflounge 8th May 2016

I have heard a number of measurements thrown around, and I was wondering what the old-school guys on the blog say. I usually set...

tourtelot
replies: 14 views: 3,936
hughshouse 8th May 2016

Hi! Has once again recorded the pipe organ in Lulea Cathedral, with Gefell M221 and Neumann KM130 and all through the Metric...

Janne_L
replies: 19 views: 1,387
Janne_L 7th May 2016

I'm wondering how many here have either used a genuine PZM, or improvised one by placing an SD omni or cardioid (or pair) on a...

studer58
replies: 15 views: 1,288
fifthcircle 5th May 2016

I don't think I've seen this asked... What do ya'll use for crowd mics on a live recording? Make, model, positioning, anything...

gregrw
replies: 13 views: 27,610
musicmixer04 5th May 2016

I've been looking and have yet to see anyone talk about using the pressure rings that come with MKH20's. Can anyone relate...

plus6vu
replies: 18 views: 2,122
studer58 5th May 2016

I do a lot of remote and/or on location recordings, -I tend to record all sessions, even rehearsals, -mostly A/B recordings -a...

Thrip
replies: 36 views: 8,021
Wayne 5th May 2016

]Howells - Collegium Regale - YouTube https://i.ytimg.com/vi/THYA_dxqaE0/maxresdefault.jpg To celebrate the release of...

Peter Allison
replies: 2 views: 740
itsyourself 4th May 2016

Hi Just thought I'd share this recording as there are very few recordings around with these mics in this...

InterwoveN
replies: 6 views: 2,214
mathieujm 1st May 2016

This is a recent piano recording, Mendelssohn little piece. Piano was Steinway D, that model had a kinda relaxed warm sound. Rec...

Constantin
replies: 0 views: 498
Constantin 30th April 2016

Have you ever done anything like this: Find a beautiful large round church and be asked to record a live invite only gig? ...

recall
replies: 16 views: 1,350
David E Rose 28th April 2016

I recently picked up an AEA R88, and so trying it out on different sources and applications has been pretty exciting. I had...

brhoward
replies: 11 views: 2,248
NathanShirley 28th April 2016

Hi all, I have little experience with M/S other than effects and BGs recorded long ago, and that work required Sennheiser and...

pmsounds
replies: 10 views: 882
TC2 28th April 2016

Maybe it's just my old ears, but this sounds distorted. Pair AKG460b cards 10 feet behind conductor, 10 feet up Apogee MiniMe...

Notsosane
replies: 2 views: 593
Notsosane 27th April 2016

Moderators