Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Page 51 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Mexican folk-song turned into World Music. Veracruz, Mexico; San Luis Potosi, Mexico; Santiago de Cuba, Cuba; East Los...

Richard Crowley
replies: 9 views: 962
TMetzinger 6th April 2016

I'm looking a headset -- stereo headphones + boom mic. I need this for three different functions: 1) Headphone monitoring for...

Bruce Watson
replies: 9 views: 1,093
soundophiliac 5th April 2016

Dear all, I am enjoying a demo pair of Josephson c617set (with Gefell mk221 capsules) this week, and have used them on a live...

apotheosis
replies: 17 views: 3,433
apotheosis 5th April 2016

This sounds a bit silly to begin with...a remote controlled mic stand with 180mm of travel (from 1300 to 1480mm) Description...

studer58
replies: 9 views: 3,847
2manyrocks 31st March 2016

Hi everyone! I have a job coming up in an orchestral rehearsal room. It's a big box with some shallow diffusion panels on the...

A.alden
replies: 6 views: 804
Bixby 29th March 2016

Has anybody ever tried? What would happen. I know sound cannot travel in a vacuum, but vibrations do. So in theory recording...

PiriPiri
replies: 16 views: 711
TMetzinger 28th March 2016

As much as I've gone on about Sear Sound in NYC, I'm having the greatest time recording and mixing at East West in LA. I love...

ajfarber
replies: 3 views: 1,640
ajfarber 28th March 2016

Hi there, I'm looking for a headphone amp/dac to plug into my Macbook Pro for monitoring with my Senn HD650s. I've heard good...

LarryS
replies: 24 views: 5,410
edwinhurwitz 27th March 2016

Just spotted these on YouTube from the recording of the score for "The Hateful Eight". Some intruiging looks into...

hughesmr
replies: 1 views: 842
king2070lplaya 26th March 2016

Lately I'm seeing more lavalier mics for mobile phones which are using the "TRRS" jack. I want to know if there is...

heraldo_jones
replies: 0 views: 511
heraldo_jones 25th March 2016

I'm recording the audio for the performance of an electro-acoustic piece in a large rectangular art gallery type space with very...

ftngrave
replies: 4 views: 752
Thomas W. Bethe 25th March 2016

hello, a mathematical question if i may: WHEN the speed of sound is 335 meters/second (at 175 meters elevation and circa 12...

peterland
replies: 11 views: 1,210
gramps 24th March 2016

Thought some of y'all might dig this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpVAYzRSV9s Wish they'd have spent more time on the...

RobAnderson
replies: 29 views: 1,759
voltronic 23rd March 2016

Last night was my band's semi-annual concert, at which I do the sound recording. I always use a four microphone setup on top of a...

connloyalist
replies: 7 views: 616
GLouie 21st March 2016

I recorded a baroque ensemble concert and the recording turned out otherwise good but I'm getting a few cracks in the audio. This...

soundophiliac
replies: 18 views: 2,933
2manyrocks 21st March 2016

I'm wondering if a variation of the standard recording studio 'drop-in overdub' method could be used with an amenable group of...

studer58
replies: 15 views: 1,413
mathieujm 20th March 2016

hey team...long time, no post. i'm mixing sound and recording podcasts again this year for SxSW's Comedy festival at a...

marty lester
replies: 16 views: 1,177
jwh1192 19th March 2016

Hi! I am actually planning on buying equipment for Sound Design, Field recording and Production sound. I already optimized my...

DennisM
replies: 33 views: 6,784
Rolo 46 17th March 2016

Question on recording from the audience low production high school musicals. What mic or mics should I get. My current...

Paul Anderson
replies: 28 views: 1,137
RPC 14th March 2016

Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum and first of all I would like to thank you for everything I've been learning by reading the...

nazaraei
replies: 13 views: 2,320
nazaraei 13th March 2016

I would like to share some of my experience with the RME Babyface as a portable recording device. I use it with an ipad mini...

roughgear
replies: 15 views: 14,277
Matophone 13th March 2016

Hi Just came across the Oomagamma Brahma kit on another forum, and thought it looked interesting. Has anyone here used one...

organism
replies: 8 views: 3,017
Kewl 13th March 2016

Hi I've been looking around for the right kind of recorder. Preferable multi track, overdub capability, can be used with or...

Rixsta
replies: 8 views: 1,369
Rixsta 12th March 2016

The Google Doodle today (at least here in the US) is about the 105th birthday of Clara Rockmore. Clara Rockmore was the first...

Richard Crowley
replies: 7 views: 660
heva 11th March 2016

Any one here use OCT 2, FUKADA TREE, HAMASAKI SQUARE, or DPA's WCSA. I have been using a decca tree setup to record a small...

THE_NIK
replies: 2 views: 886
THE_NIK 10th March 2016

Hello all, You probably know the TLM 107 just came out so there is not a lot to be heard from this microphone. It is a brand...

rumleymusic
replies: 21 views: 4,454
Deleted 1846071 10th March 2016

Hi all I’m the course of upgrading my studio and remote recording setup. I’ve just purchased an Apogee Ensemble...

Gerax
replies: 0 views: 485
Gerax 9th March 2016

j1d5Kh7XgFU I consider myself just as uppity and persnickety as the next person, more so even, when it comes to exactly how...

joelpatterson
replies: 5 views: 759
joelpatterson 7th March 2016

The Sound Devices Mix Pre (without the D) has premium input Lundahl transformers. The Mix Pre D does not. This slipped past me...

terence
replies: 9 views: 2,221
Adorno 7th March 2016

Hi, This spring I'll be working on a TV project where there'll be 10 participants and 3 hosts. They will all be getting...

Linnemann
replies: 9 views: 728
Linnemann 7th March 2016

Hi, I'm looking to build an artificial extra reverberation system in a small wooden church with a boringly short natural reverb....

JonesH
replies: 26 views: 2,268
Thomas W. Bethe 6th March 2016

Most of my recording of late has been the niche genre of Christian hymnody. Priority is given to clarity of diction and presence...

dizziness
replies: 5 views: 2,103
dizziness 5th March 2016
replies: 7 views: 857
studer58 5th March 2016

Double post. Sorry. D.

tourtelot
replies: 5 views: 498
tourtelot 5th March 2016

In my Chrome browser, I have stated getting notification "balloons on my Gearslutz bookmark. I hate those things and can't...

tourtelot
replies: 2 views: 513
David Spearritt 4th March 2016

Haven't done one of these posts in a while... curious as to different people's approach. Have a choir recording session next...

ajcdrum
replies: 3 views: 826
hbphotoav 4th March 2016

Here goes another one of my wild ideas. Please feel free to politely shoot this one down :facepalm: Today I was exploring some...

connloyalist
replies: 12 views: 1,037
studer58 4th March 2016

Today I mixed a live radio talk show in a public lobby of a music hall. Mostly just talk, with some music from cds and one live...

Antti P
replies: 13 views: 3,143
Bruce Watson 4th March 2016

I got into classical music by listening this record over and...

monitor
replies: 2 views: 1,357
hbphotoav 4th March 2016

Hi folks. At the synagogue I work at, we're having these crazy problems with our Countryman E2, which is connected to a...

Elsteve9
replies: 12 views: 5,748
jwh1192 2nd March 2016

Hello all, I really wasn't sure where to put this thread so forgive me for my placement. Anyways, I am looking at two early 20th...

reaperbond
replies: 4 views: 748
hbphotoav 1st March 2016

Has anyone in the US had experience ordering directly from Thomann.de? Any idea how to calculate what the import duties will be?

avillalta
replies: 1 views: 860
TKFP 1st March 2016

For no reason at all really ... Just come back from seeing Star Wars VII at the local IMAX (3D, not Dolby Atmos AFAICT). A...

panatrope
replies: 6 views: 685
boojum 29th February 2016

Hi, I want to record samples out and about, and currently have a zoom H2. The problem is the slow boot time, and by the time...

4forests
replies: 2 views: 714
DCtoDaylight 29th February 2016

Hi there, I'd like to invite especially all recordists with multimic/multichannel setups to this...

Hannes_F
replies: 0 views: 690
Hannes_F 26th February 2016

I'm looking for a simple USB or Thunderbolt interface. I have two devices - a Benchmark DAC-1 for monitoring and a Bricasti M7...

Robobo1
replies: 3 views: 1,266
mpdonahue 25th February 2016

I'm looking for a little advice since I've been asked to help out a friend with a live recording which is stepping out of my...

tallboy79
replies: 10 views: 1,163
Petrus 25th February 2016

My band is trying to put together a decent demo and practice recordings. I have been able to *get by* with my 10 year old M-Audio...

micronian
replies: 2 views: 1,131
GZsound 25th February 2016

Is anyone here routinely recording in surround...either due to demand from clients or for possible future use of the material ?...

studer58
replies: 24 views: 2,801
just.sounds 24th February 2016

So who has recorded the Mahler 2nd Symphony "Ressurection"? Have this one coming up in a few weeks on the 12th of...

JCBigler
replies: 1 views: 613
fifthcircle 24th February 2016

Moderators