Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Page 51 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

In my Chrome browser, I have stated getting notification "balloons on my Gearslutz bookmark. I hate those things and can't...

tourtelot
replies: 2 views: 511
David Spearritt 4th March 2016

Haven't done one of these posts in a while... curious as to different people's approach. Have a choir recording session next...

ajcdrum
replies: 3 views: 824
hbphotoav 4th March 2016

Here goes another one of my wild ideas. Please feel free to politely shoot this one down :facepalm: Today I was exploring some...

connloyalist
replies: 12 views: 1,036
studer58 4th March 2016

Today I mixed a live radio talk show in a public lobby of a music hall. Mostly just talk, with some music from cds and one live...

Antti P
replies: 13 views: 3,116
Bruce Watson 4th March 2016

I got into classical music by listening this record over and...

monitor
replies: 2 views: 1,351
hbphotoav 4th March 2016

Hi folks. At the synagogue I work at, we're having these crazy problems with our Countryman E2, which is connected to a...

Elsteve9
replies: 12 views: 5,741
jwh1192 2nd March 2016

Hello all, I really wasn't sure where to put this thread so forgive me for my placement. Anyways, I am looking at two early 20th...

reaperbond
replies: 4 views: 746
hbphotoav 1st March 2016

Has anyone in the US had experience ordering directly from Thomann.de? Any idea how to calculate what the import duties will be?

avillalta
replies: 1 views: 854
TKFP 1st March 2016

For no reason at all really ... Just come back from seeing Star Wars VII at the local IMAX (3D, not Dolby Atmos AFAICT). A...

panatrope
replies: 6 views: 680
boojum 29th February 2016

Hi, I want to record samples out and about, and currently have a zoom H2. The problem is the slow boot time, and by the time...

4forests
replies: 2 views: 709
DCtoDaylight 29th February 2016

Hi there, I'd like to invite especially all recordists with multimic/multichannel setups to this...

Hannes_F
replies: 0 views: 685
Hannes_F 26th February 2016

I'm looking for a simple USB or Thunderbolt interface. I have two devices - a Benchmark DAC-1 for monitoring and a Bricasti M7...

Robobo1
replies: 3 views: 1,261
mpdonahue 25th February 2016

I'm looking for a little advice since I've been asked to help out a friend with a live recording which is stepping out of my...

tallboy79
replies: 10 views: 1,158
Petrus 25th February 2016

My band is trying to put together a decent demo and practice recordings. I have been able to *get by* with my 10 year old M-Audio...

micronian
replies: 2 views: 1,126
GZsound 25th February 2016

Is anyone here routinely recording in surround...either due to demand from clients or for possible future use of the material ?...

studer58
replies: 24 views: 2,787
just.sounds 24th February 2016

So who has recorded the Mahler 2nd Symphony "Ressurection"? Have this one coming up in a few weeks on the 12th of...

JCBigler
replies: 1 views: 612
fifthcircle 24th February 2016

The Li-ion batteries for my Nagra V no longer hold a charge and I'd like to be able to replace them. I've asked John Willett and...

Collas
replies: 17 views: 2,947
bwanajim 24th February 2016

My dear friends and brothers in arms, here I am to tell you that I still think that an upright bass is a pain in the...

Han
replies: 211 views: 55,756
NS3474 23rd February 2016

Hi! I've been making records for a label that releases acoustic folk music (mostly small groups with fiddles, double bass and...

JRobert
replies: 21 views: 2,651
KMJohnson 22nd February 2016

I just found out about a rental house that is planning to sell a couple of their Schoeps MK41 mics. As it says in the title, they...

phantompwr
replies: 21 views: 5,557
jwh1192 21st February 2016

Today my daughter sang in the Virginia 12th District Choral festival at Washington-Lee High School in Arlington. I was pleased...

TMetzinger
replies: 14 views: 824
TMetzinger 21st February 2016

I have what has proven to be a fantastic mic for recording acoustic guitar - the Gefell M300. It is over 20 years old and it...

Melgueil
replies: 2 views: 1,454
Melgueil 21st February 2016

Hi - am a fan of Jonathan Plowright who is currently recording all Brahms piano music on BIS label. The piano sound is just...

leushira
replies: 35 views: 6,236
a.e.neumann 20th February 2016

I'm heading to Cuba again for several weeks of recording sessions, this time with a small team. We are going to run into a lot of...

bwanajim
replies: 11 views: 1,340
dgpretzel 19th February 2016

Hi all. Have plenty of experience with 150's and love them, but am doing more and more traveling and recording in remote...

AndySpin
replies: 26 views: 4,967
just.sounds 18th February 2016

Suppose you need to record a piano and violin in a decent space with no audience for a commercial CD. You can set them up any...

jnorman
replies: 9 views: 797
apotheosis 17th February 2016

I am interested in working with a producer-engineer that can record songs by remote. I have a DAW and can record my acoustic...

gousterman
replies: 3 views: 1,627
bradynwestbrook 17th February 2016

Today I came across the Rycote 037338, a model I've never seen before. It doesn't appear anywhere that I can find on Rycote's...

voltronic
replies: 1 views: 737
voltronic 16th February 2016

I received an email informing me of the deadline for the 2016 JoAnn Falletta International Guitar Concerto Competition....

Given To Fly
replies: 21 views: 1,444
NetworkAudio 14th February 2016

3 telescopic narcisso sticks, each can extend out to 1 metre, and a few thread adapters...I knew there had to be a use for those...

studer58
replies: 8 views: 7,766
studer58 13th February 2016

How do you close-mic a bass clarinet? There was one at a session last night. I had zero time to experiment, and limited gear...

Honkermann
replies: 28 views: 5,122
mixkitchen 11th February 2016

I'll cut right to the chase: do semi-pro portable recorders with balanced mic inputs tend to have transformer-balanced inputs,...

voltronic
replies: 8 views: 1,073
Jim Williams 11th February 2016

I love jazz music. Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah "Sassy" Vaughn, Miles Davis, John Coltrane...

Sidious
replies: 200 views: 14,184
Swing 9th February 2016

Hi all, My daughter came to me asking for headphones for her birthday. Currently she is using typical cheap earphones. She...

Folkie
replies: 21 views: 1,285
Earcatcher 9th February 2016

Guys I have to go to Philly for a month on Tuesday. How should I get my computer (G4 with HD cards), separate firewire drives,...

no ssl yet
replies: 22 views: 2,255
bwanajim 8th February 2016

Hi everybody, this is my first post here. I did do a search for topics similar to mine, but I didn't quite come across anything...

Gateway92
replies: 52 views: 2,093
Gateway92 8th February 2016

Hey again everyone. I'm moving into recording acoustic music remotely. I need enough functionality to handle large orchestras and...

KennyS
replies: 9 views: 1,514
KennyS 8th February 2016

I've been playing music since I was five years old and am on a full music scholarship. I've been playing drums for about seven...

AshX
replies: 4 views: 2,890
Bruce Watson 7th February 2016

Hey, Just wondering if anyone knows of any cheaper options for audio bags. I accept you get what you pay for but in my current...

Crubbish
replies: 3 views: 5,342
Rolo 46 7th February 2016

Hello. I beleive that paper speaker cones can filter ugly piercing feeling in the ears from bad masters that are clipped with...

gearbitch
replies: 55 views: 3,324
zvukofor 6th February 2016

I have a prism orpheus and would like to use its converters without a laptop for quick set up. I just need four channels. Any...

llamaj
replies: 2 views: 950
noisyboy9 5th February 2016

I stumbled across some youtube clarinet clips, which I liked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAcPocRJBes Can someone...

dgpretzel
replies: 13 views: 957
Adorno 5th February 2016

Hey everyone. Every once in a while while going to a show Ill bring along my Tascam im2 mic for my iphone and record the show. Im...

M.S.P.
replies: 10 views: 1,075
joelpatterson 4th February 2016

ust wanted to pass on some research I did on recording audio and video "wild" with no sync and then resyncing in a tool...

TMetzinger
replies: 6 views: 695
mpdonahue 3rd February 2016

Hi all. Longtime lurker, new poster. I've been doing location recordings for a couple of years and am doing pretty well at...

eatthemeekest
replies: 28 views: 1,874
Given To Fly 3rd February 2016

I apologize in advance, if this is off-topic... Can any of you recommend Location/remote recordist in the DC area... I am...

Broken_English
replies: 5 views: 580
Richard Crowley 3rd February 2016

Hey Slutz, over the past ten years I have gained a ton of knowledge, tips and tricks from this website. I own a medium format...

KennyS
replies: 8 views: 633
0verman 2nd February 2016

As you may or may not remember, last October I recorded a concert of my band using various microphones including a dual shotgun...

connloyalist
replies: 2 views: 573
GJ999x 2nd February 2016

Happy New Year, everyone! I'm hoping someone can help me solve this problem that I've been working around with my Hapi for the...

king2070lplaya
replies: 15 views: 3,469
NetworkAudio 1st February 2016

I am a hobbyist content producer that, when I don't write music, produce some YouTube videos and streams on Twitch. I have...

BrandonWalshGP
replies: 24 views: 2,786
bwanajim 1st February 2016

Moderators