Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Do you have some good experience with some recording techniques, mics placement etc. resulting in full, sweet, resonating sound...

ISedlacek
replies: 81 views: 7,705
markblockjzz 24th August 2021

Okay, I get the idea of the tymp spot; the sound of the mallet hitting the head, the presence of the drum and all. I recorded...

tourtelot
replies: 37 views: 3,618
Thomas W. Bethe 24th August 2021

My recording biz is now housed in a small 120 seat theatre. I use the space for tracking projects when no shows or plays are on....

BruceB
replies: 16 views: 554
Remoteness 23rd August 2021

This is something I have never really solved: Oftentimes when recording a live concert, the mics are quite close to the...

JGebauer
replies: 25 views: 921
joelpatterson 23rd August 2021

Hi all! I’m here with a question, since I’m not able to take a decision… I record classical music (usually small...

Liutista
replies: 25 views: 1,025
didier.brest 21st August 2021

See MixPre-10M Sounds like a musician-oriented version of the MixPre-10; they'll also offer a "musician plugin" for...

bradh
replies: 371 views: 34,636
ardis 18th August 2021

Hello, is there a reason why the Sound Device mixpre 10m would not be appropriate for making multi-track recording of concerts? I...

Adagietto
replies: 13 views: 2,139
ardis 18th August 2021

Hi all, I'm involved with an indie film project where we have to film a musician singing and playing piano at the same time....

wileypoots
replies: 10 views: 905
coreyspencer 15th August 2021

Hi everyone :) I am actively searching for a field / portable recorder for music production and film music recording with...

paulst
replies: 6 views: 723
voltronic 14th August 2021

I auditioned a stereo pair of these for orchestral recording for reference. I loved the sound stage but it is also uneven in...

HelenaBzg
replies: 97 views: 16,517
tourtelot 14th August 2021

I've been doing a recording project for members of the string department faculty from our local University. So far we've done...

Ren Man
replies: 22 views: 14,557
Folkie 14th August 2021

Just wanna state for the record that I'm kinda shocked at how good this thing sounds. I mean, for the price I paid, I'd've just...

RobAnderson
replies: 6 views: 704
standingwave 13th August 2021

Situation: Live concert recording in a church (I don't know it, but I assume quite reverberant), baroque chamber music, with...

JGebauer
replies: 14 views: 684
king2070lplaya 13th August 2021

Hi everyone, I will be doing a location recording for a small 5-person chamber ensemble in the near future. The session will...

Cinematographer
replies: 18 views: 753
deedeeyeah 10th August 2021

So, you people using mics with rectangular capsules (Pearl & Milab et al), would you care to share your experiences with...

JonesH
replies: 134 views: 22,560
studer58 9th August 2021

A new Josephson C700S surround microphone has arrived and I will eventually post some three channel clips and stereo mixes. Other...

MichaelPatrick
replies: 112 views: 27,146
Klimermonk 7th August 2021

This is a terrific series of recordings from 1991 Warner Classics and I cannot figure out for the life of me what the...

springer
replies: 37 views: 1,624
Geoff Poulton 7th August 2021

Hello, Last weekend I recorded an organ in concert in a church with a pair of Schoeps MK 2H . It was a very big organ,...

Eric D
replies: 69 views: 4,768
dseetoo 6th August 2021

Hi, everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should charge as either a day rate or hourly rate for doing...

LoudNProud
replies: 7 views: 816
tourtelot 6th August 2021

I am looking at my calendar and I have at least seven days of work on it for July. Except for one day in January of 2021, I have...

tourtelot
replies: 21 views: 1,245
sounddguy 5th August 2021

A set of 6 videos made at a concert earlier this year. I used an equi-spaced LCR omni trio, suspended above the conductor ....you...

studer58
replies: 11 views: 600
M50k 4th August 2021

I guess this simply falls into the category of "incrementally better mousetrap"....anyway, a clever way to keep them in...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 832
kludgeaudio 3rd August 2021

Are there any alternatives to the Pearl DS70? Pearl DS70 What are the problems I will encounter if I placed musicians...

audiothings
replies: 12 views: 1,200
Gabriele 3rd August 2021

Session In a church, not studio. Recording session, not live. Singer is a tenor. This is a particular combination I have had...

M50k
replies: 71 views: 2,032
deedeeyeah 2nd August 2021

what's your take on things? what made you change/makes you stick to a specific approach/technique/gear? can you provide some...

deedeeyeah
replies: 34 views: 1,113
deedeeyeah 2nd August 2021

Dear gurus of GS, I'm a longtime lurker here and have nothing but appreciation for this community! I recently joined to become...

anearisanear
replies: 58 views: 1,494
M50k 30th July 2021

Good day, long post ahead! Sorry I'm a bit rusty as I haven't had any recording gigs for a long, long time... I'm a composer,...

Eris_Luna
replies: 10 views: 784
M50k 30th July 2021

Hello, all! So, I really want a recording solution in mixer form, and I furthermore want the ability to record at 96kHz. That...

tuba_noise
replies: 14 views: 715
deedeeyeah 30th July 2021

I'm looking for security stickers for my equipment, preferably metal foil or something sturdier than plastic. Something that I...

albinotuba
replies: 3 views: 1,470
factmrreports 30th July 2021

Here's a lovely performance that I enjoyed recording back in March: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu4d0ppAbBs I used the...

kirkus
replies: 0 views: 341
kirkus 29th July 2021

Good morning. I want to ask if anyone has experience recording solo grand piano with Ehrlund, Pearl and Thuresson microphones. or...

stage12
replies: 19 views: 1,998
brhoward 29th July 2021

Hi, I'm preparing to record myself (piano + baritone) in a few weeks singing Schumann. I've always used a single wide-cardioid...

bkazez
replies: 15 views: 681
M50k 27th July 2021

One item from the Gravity Stands new Traveller series might be of interest for both sessions and concerts. It's a lightweight...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 477
Brent Hahn 26th July 2021

To many Rudy Van Gelder is, the greatest recording engineer in jazz history. He was responsible for just about every session on...

Remoteness
replies: 179 views: 35,621
ElmoHope 25th July 2021

A stereo microphone ruler. Convenient to adjust microphone space and angle. NOS, ORTF, XY90, XY120, VR A, Gerzon stereo (5cm,...

9sbean
replies: 41 views: 2,309
9sbean 24th July 2021

I've ended up doing the sound for a number of (relatively low budget) documentary video projects and I'm looking to consolidate...

aelita
replies: 8 views: 500
Doubledark 23rd July 2021

My little amateur corner of the recording/video world is a collection of YouTube videos of Hawaiian music, especially slack key...

Fran Guidry
replies: 16 views: 569
celticrogues 23rd July 2021

I recently went way over my head and took on a remote gig that led me to some pro level gear. Full disclaimer, I am an organist...

wileypoots
replies: 10 views: 651
Folkie 22nd July 2021

as mentioned before/elsewhere, i'm still* in the process of re-arrranging my considerable collection of (mostly digital) rack...

deedeeyeah
replies: 0 views: 340
deedeeyeah 22nd July 2021

Anybody out there recall all of the live broadcasts from WPIX-FM (mid-1978 to early 1980)? They started a series of...

wpixfm
replies: 42 views: 19,724
Frankster12 22nd July 2021

Where can I find stands/mounts/brackets etc. for mic array setups?

mizzle
replies: 26 views: 1,087
Zhu Shijia 21st July 2021

You're being sent to a fairly big island (for life) that's home to thousands of musicians playing every kind of musical...

dfghdhr
replies: 75 views: 3,060
dfghdhr 20th July 2021

Has anyone here tried it? Did you like the results? D.

tourtelot
replies: 17 views: 813
deedeeyeah 20th July 2021

Something on my mind recently has been the suitability (or not) for some microphones from one manufacturer to integrate well with...

Wavefront
replies: 6 views: 575
tourtelot 17th July 2021

Hey, I mainly do live recordings of bands that are somehow related to "Jazz". Channel count has not been above 24...

PeerSoe
replies: 121 views: 8,935
tourtelot 16th July 2021

what's the noise in this recording? Ray

RayS
replies: 11 views: 544
RayS 14th July 2021

Last week, I was ask to record a violin/piano duet (Brahms Violin Sonatas) in a large private "salon". There was video...

tourtelot
replies: 3 views: 450
deedeeyeah 13th July 2021

the upcoming american-russian summit talks in geneva will not only bring another parade of civil servants and secret services,...

deedeeyeah
replies: 60 views: 2,539
Ontariosound 12th July 2021

Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_tPb4JFgmw Also some nice shots of how it all was miked. FWIW

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 5 views: 555
Thomas W. Bethe 12th July 2021

I know, it is not the mic number but how you use it. However, it is now all I have, namely: a Korg MR-1000, a stereopair of...

DAH
replies: 55 views: 3,105
DAH 10th July 2021

Moderators