Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

With 5 double bass’ in a single line (not ranked), how would you approach miking these: a single or pair of section mics,...

studer58
replies: 13 views: 758
studer58 24th September 2021

I need to up my game on video lighting. Currently just using a single led panel which is too small, too concentrated and too...

jnorman
replies: 32 views: 1,939
robcameron 24th September 2021

Has anyone here used an R122 as a spot on flute and/or clarinet? If so, I'd love to hear some samples. I can't find much of...

Cinematographer
replies: 2 views: 612
jnorman 24th September 2021

Following the recent thread on some general lighting options for video I would love to know what the pros here would light a...

tessitura
replies: 14 views: 772
2manyrocks 23rd September 2021

As in: "Pinch me, am I really here, and recording this magic?"

M50k
replies: 19 views: 986
RobAnderson 23rd September 2021

Good morning. I am an organist (and also a little audiophile...) and I want to buy equipment to properly record pipe organ in...

Organist
replies: 216 views: 14,214
studer58 22nd September 2021

Outdoors and not a bad recording... FWIW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BojXCyS-bNY It reminds me of a recording I did of a...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 6 views: 690
Thomas W. Bethe 21st September 2021

A great read. Go to page 20: https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/Archive-DB-Magazine/80s/DB-1983-01.pdf

NathanBarley
replies: 5 views: 608
studer58 17th September 2021

In the recent $30k mic test session, my particular favorite was the Royer sf12, even over my own Schoeps mk4s and mk2s. I am...

jnorman
replies: 22 views: 5,736
studer58 16th September 2021

Hello everybody, I will record a concert tomorrow (harpe + singer). I plan to bring a couple or AEA N8's and to record in my...

Adagietto
replies: 15 views: 606
brhoward 15th September 2021

Hello, all! I am a huge, unabashed fan of the Mountain Goats, and have been re-watching their live studio sessions from last...

tuba_noise
replies: 0 views: 343
tuba_noise 15th September 2021

Planning to record in a rain forest: Im trying to decide which portable recorder is the better for record nature land scapes,...

Happ
replies: 13 views: 1,044
Rolo 46 14th September 2021

I've attached the diagram which shows how to pan the LCR Tree + Two Outriggers. The question I have is: Is the top of this...

Pickett
replies: 1 views: 392
king2070lplaya 14th September 2021

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with protecting a microphone against wind and rain outdoors... The application would...

SocietyOfMind
replies: 27 views: 1,651
kludgeaudio 13th September 2021

I remember that in the past the Ambient ATE208 was sometimes mentioned as an option for a figure 8 mic. Perhaps this is very old...

connloyalist
replies: 1 views: 344
norfolksoundman9 13th September 2021

Hi All, It's been so long since I posted in this forum that probably nobody even remembers me. The following is not a question,...

connloyalist
replies: 2 views: 438
connloyalist 13th September 2021

Hi, I've searched but there is almost no mention of this mic to be found. Has anybody put it through it's paces yet?

Banjo
replies: 14 views: 12,797
camjstreet1 13th September 2021

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and and new to the world of audio recording. Hope this is the right place to ask. I...

Akagi
replies: 0 views: 158
Akagi 13th September 2021

I am helping an operatic soprano record demo songs for auditions. Auditions will be recorded in various places (auditoriums &...

tessitura
replies: 17 views: 4,064
camjstreet1 12th September 2021

Is there a rule of thumb for EQing a recording that used only an ORTF setup with two Schoeps MK4 capsules? I realise I am very...

JGebauer
replies: 14 views: 985
Geoff Poulton 11th September 2021

Hello all... I’m an FX editor with a D100 who occasionally records for fun so I don’t have much knowledge of the...

breaktheory
replies: 8 views: 531
coreyspencer 11th September 2021

See more info here. https://www.steinberg.net/wavelab/new-features/ Lots of features that we ALL can use in editing. FWIW...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 4 views: 564
Tommy-boy 11th September 2021

Hello everyone, I'm in search of ideas or solutions for shockmounting a Blumlein pair of Coles 4038. I am currently using the...

soundmonkey
replies: 41 views: 1,182
Rolo 46 10th September 2021

So, I'm doing this portable 2 trk drum recording thing -1 large diaphragm overhead and 1 akg on the kick. I'm wanting to know if...

T.M.A.
replies: 20 views: 703
Remoteness 10th September 2021

Aloha, I live in my camper which has a 12v solar setup and a step-up converter which can go up to 30v. I'm looking for a good...

firedolphin
replies: 1 views: 379
philper 9th September 2021

I'm curious as to whether contributors here have personal experience with the Enhanced Audio mic support (M600) and mic stands...

studer58
replies: 17 views: 840
norfolksoundman9 7th September 2021

I’m hoping some of you will be willing to respond to some/all of the following questions about doing edits on classical rep in...

YoRumsfield
replies: 15 views: 876
David Rick 6th September 2021

hi everyone -- I'll soon be doing a gig (house mix plus record) for a worship service where the choir -- due to COVID...

sailor
replies: 30 views: 1,135
M50k 4th September 2021

I was looking for a high quality 1 RU 8 channel pre+mixer and ran across this, from the APB company (former A+H and Crest guys):...

philper
replies: 14 views: 2,881
philper 1st September 2021

These were announced with much fanfare last year. And they looked like an exciting new venture by Rode. Retailers have had them...

John Pk
replies: 81 views: 11,209
Filsaf 31st August 2021

The July/August issue of "Resolution" magazine profiles my career and work at The Ravinia Festival. Check the goods...

Plush
replies: 177 views: 23,166
boombapdame 31st August 2021

Hello! I record mainly flute or violin with/without piano in a variety of room going from my bedroom to big auditorium. And I...

Suquet.fo
replies: 17 views: 1,286
voltronic 31st August 2021

To All, Nothing important to tell except that over and over again carrying around the Nagra VI with me on each recording gig...

Gaston69
replies: 25 views: 1,483
nat8808 30th August 2021

Hi, My house has very thin walls and I can't wear headphones because of hearing damage. (ringing in the ears gets absolutely...

Radiussound
replies: 14 views: 620
Remoteness 30th August 2021

When choosing a location for, say, a classical chamber music recording (ie string quartet, not brass quintet), what kind of noise...

JGebauer
replies: 1 views: 387
studer58 29th August 2021

Hi, I'd like to upgrade my reverb, and since I saw that Emil Berliner uses a Lexicon 480L, of course I figured I needed...

LarryS
replies: 4 views: 463
LarryS 26th August 2021

Hi, I finished 3 sessions and realized I accidentally had one of my main-pair mics in cardioid mode with the other in omni. It...

LarryS
replies: 11 views: 690
LarryS 25th August 2021

I am the volunteer to be videographer for my daughter's high school bands, which includes marching bound and concert band. I'd...

HDClown
replies: 3 views: 357
2manyrocks 25th August 2021

Does anyone here use KEF speakers for monitoring? I have a friend who has a pair of the floor-standing models (R series) and I...

philper
replies: 26 views: 4,749
kirkus 24th August 2021

OK, it has been suggested that the OM1 mics start in a thread of their own, apart from the CM3 mic thread. Good idea. There are...

boojum
replies: 642 views: 128,995
kontrabass888 24th August 2021

Do you have some good experience with some recording techniques, mics placement etc. resulting in full, sweet, resonating sound...

ISedlacek
replies: 81 views: 7,830
markblockjzz 24th August 2021

Okay, I get the idea of the tymp spot; the sound of the mallet hitting the head, the presence of the drum and all. I recorded...

tourtelot
replies: 37 views: 3,651
Thomas W. Bethe 24th August 2021

My recording biz is now housed in a small 120 seat theatre. I use the space for tracking projects when no shows or plays are on....

BruceB
replies: 16 views: 567
Remoteness 23rd August 2021

This is something I have never really solved: Oftentimes when recording a live concert, the mics are quite close to the...

JGebauer
replies: 25 views: 929
joelpatterson 23rd August 2021

Hi all! I’m here with a question, since I’m not able to take a decision… I record classical music (usually small...

Liutista
replies: 25 views: 1,088
didier.brest 21st August 2021

Hi all, I'm involved with an indie film project where we have to film a musician singing and playing piano at the same time....

wileypoots
replies: 10 views: 931
coreyspencer 15th August 2021

Hi everyone :) I am actively searching for a field / portable recorder for music production and film music recording with...

paulst
replies: 6 views: 771
voltronic 14th August 2021

I auditioned a stereo pair of these for orchestral recording for reference. I loved the sound stage but it is also uneven in...

HelenaBzg
replies: 97 views: 16,884
tourtelot 14th August 2021

I've been doing a recording project for members of the string department faculty from our local University. So far we've done...

Ren Man
replies: 22 views: 14,647
Folkie 14th August 2021

Just wanna state for the record that I'm kinda shocked at how good this thing sounds. I mean, for the price I paid, I'd've just...

RobAnderson
replies: 6 views: 751
standingwave 13th August 2021

Moderators