The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
No tags were found.

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi all, Are there any experienced outdoor soundies that can point me towards what I would need to make decent M/S recordings...

DaveyJones
replies: 7 views: 285
studer58 2 weeks ago

How do I get professional quality close mic'd sound on grand piano for Beethoven/Chopin, trying to keep the mic budget under...

markk02474
replies: 131 views: 5,086
RayS 3 weeks ago

....when the community choirs come out to strut their stuff. Here's a sample from tonight's concert in my town....a new take on...

studer58
replies: 12 views: 836
studer58 3 weeks ago

Here are some pictures of my socially distant recording from last weekend of the Brahm's Symphony No. 4 with the Tulsa Symphony...

JCBigler
replies: 45 views: 1,320
studer58 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone! Direct-powered microphones (such as DPA4003, 4041S, and similar) are known for its top-notch sound performance,...

Dan Reso
replies: 37 views: 3,254
Lucas_G 3 weeks ago

Looking to replace my aging i7 windows 10 Lenovo laptop in my studio. Tired of dinky little display port and usb hub, and want a...

jnorman
replies: 19 views: 474
studer58 3 weeks ago

It’s my understanding anniversary edition anagrams cannot be purchased any longer from Nagra (ATS - you know). Yet, I see them...

supoUSA
replies: 23 views: 1,603
Plush 3 weeks ago

Hey all, Don't find much discussion here about Kortwich's mic products... They are made near my house in Berlin, and look pretty...

SDunscombe
replies: 0 views: 257
SDunscombe 3 weeks ago

Hello all, I hope I may be forgiven for re-asking this question here -- there's already a thread in the "so much gear,...

Deleted 141eef3
replies: 23 views: 2,761
gonzalo1004es 3 weeks ago

Are there any Remotesters that are going to be at the AES Spring Training Event at Soundcheck in Nashville next week? I'm going...

JCBigler
replies: 0 views: 166
JCBigler 3 weeks ago

I'm starting a thread about this seriously ambitious project I have been working on for quite some time now. Since we can't...

Remoteness
replies: 27 views: 2,454
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

While there is much discussion about the Rode and Sennheiser shotgun options for location recording (seems as though video folks...

sirjuxtable
replies: 0 views: 197
sirjuxtable 3 weeks ago

Hello Fellow Recording enthusiasts, We recently moved to another house where I use Bay Window / Sun lounge (2m x 4m) for...

Gaston69
replies: 15 views: 896
DavidChampoux 3 weeks ago

Dear all, I have been booked to record a series of three livestream concerts with horn ensembles (= between 4 and 8 French...

apotheosis
replies: 8 views: 481
Geoff Poulton 3 weeks ago

I'm looking to record some sounds around New York and I want to use tape (I also make tape loops). I'm looking for a vintage...

deern
replies: 35 views: 5,754
masonchemical 3 weeks ago

Hey, all. In the early planning stages for a project that started out as a single concert, but due to COVID insanity has...

seanmccoy
replies: 43 views: 1,353
JCBigler 3 weeks ago

Last Tuesday (the 7th of April) at 10 pm I got a call asking if I was available to help create a tribute video for John Prine...

Remoteness
replies: 14 views: 962
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

Recommendations for headphones for classical editing/location recording? I'm mainly recording myself (cello) or my own small...

Cello94
replies: 118 views: 6,505
John Dyson 3 weeks ago

Fans of single stereo mic recording might enjoy this series of videos, largely made with an AEA R88 Blumlein stereo ribbon...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 489
smslavin 4 weeks ago

A friend recently aquired one of these for free and doesn't know what to do with it. Most of the interface has seen better days,...

worm
replies: 4 views: 319
Thomas W. Bethe 4 weeks ago

Sup dudes, I'm speccing up a recording studio setup primarily, but I also will need to cover the classical concert recordings...

rich robinson
replies: 59 views: 8,654
NorseHorse 4 weeks ago

Hello, I’m brand new to the forum, and this is my first post so please have mercy :) I’m a full-time professional oboist...

Oboeshawn
replies: 22 views: 740
VillageOp 4 weeks ago

Although I'd love to have a nice pair of wide cardioids (KM143 or MK21), I'm beginning to appreciate the DIY version of wide...

d_fu
replies: 97 views: 18,410
Petrus 4 weeks ago

Looks like they are producing omni caps for the sE 8 mics after...

tuba_noise
replies: 46 views: 2,827
PeerSoe 16th March 2021

Hi fellow colleagues, As some of you might know I use a Merging Horus (Ravenna/AES67) and Magix Samplitude for my remote...

Gaston69
replies: 11 views: 2,049
DjamesTagg 16th March 2021

Chicago Power! Among the top winners in Classical, Engineering, Folk, Gospel, and Blues Grammys: Best Engineered Classical:...

Plush
replies: 9 views: 685
Plush 16th March 2021

Carnegie Hall presentation, December 2020...

jnorman
replies: 1 views: 384
RayS 15th March 2021

Venturing into the world of slinging mics and permanent install - have been looking at this Reutlinger-style Griplock cable...

Klimermonk
replies: 0 views: 268
Klimermonk 15th March 2021

Here's a blind test featuring Rode's latest (and greatest?) shotgun mic. Just for fun see if you can determine which mic is...

JamesClark1991
replies: 37 views: 4,576
James Lehmann 15th March 2021

Testing out new recorder and mic! Wonderful sound from the recorder. Very clean without being sterile. Have to try out the U89...

knuttta
replies: 2 views: 352
knuttta 14th March 2021

Good morning. I want to ask if anyone has experience recording solo grand piano with Ehrlund, Pearl and Thuresson microphones. or...

stage12
replies: 14 views: 1,084
Mats H 13th March 2021

I tried hooking up the control for the AD8HR with the MC7CL, just to understand how it worked. I couldn't make it happen, but...

audiomidijace
replies: 7 views: 2,524
JCBigler 13th March 2021

Hi. I'm looking for a good dynamic interview mic that can also double as a voice over mic on the go. I've been using the Shure...

Andre Toscano
replies: 44 views: 13,585
Jimmi Accardi 13th March 2021

Just wondering??? Around Northern Ohio there seems to be no live concerts going on so no one is doing any recordings except...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 85 views: 2,496
RayS 13th March 2021

Anyone compared transformer SQN say IV-S i thru iii vs V and later? I really liked the smooth sound of SQN especially on voice,...

whippoorwill
replies: 37 views: 5,103
Arseny 12th March 2021

Those of you who utilize the Faulkner four-mic-array (and its variants): What mic bars do you use? Let's see them all (including...

lyrictenor1
replies: 70 views: 10,289
Lucas_G 12th March 2021

Hi all - It seems like the Neumann M50 is the standard for decca tree mics. I was wondering if there is a standard for...

session bass
replies: 125 views: 7,203
surflounge 12th March 2021

Hi Guys, I'm thinking about getting a MR-1000, but the noise levels in the pres seems to be a bit higher than for example the...

hrn
replies: 12 views: 5,324
tailspn 12th March 2021

Hello Everyone, Long time lurker and now finally I seek advice from the GS user base. This seemed like the best forum on the...

ThomasStone
replies: 30 views: 2,165
ThomasStoneMusic 10th March 2021

Getting a new location recording set up for the occasional bits I do for my sound design work. Have been recommended the Senn...

JCorbett
replies: 33 views: 3,153
surflounge 8th March 2021

I'm anticipating that remote gig opportunities will slowly start to open up again later this year, and so I'm inventorying my...

nightchef
replies: 21 views: 790
Klimermonk 8th March 2021

Hey, I mainly do live recordings of bands that are somehow related to "Jazz". Channel count has not been above 24...

PeerSoe
replies: 116 views: 7,093
tourtelot 8th March 2021

Thanks to all at Focusrite and American Music and Sound for honoring their three-year warranty on my Focusrite AM2 Dante...

tourtelot
replies: 6 views: 492
cheu78 7th March 2021

For an upcoming string quartet recording session (with video, non-concert) what factors might steer you towards either Jecklin...

studer58
replies: 91 views: 4,311
studer58 7th March 2021

I'll be doing a month of tracking sessions in a house where can't bring my main studio monitors (Amphion Two18). Right now my...

Nightowl43
replies: 10 views: 466
Remoteness 6th March 2021

Any experience in the classical music field with this microphone as a 'general' large diaphragm spot microphone, e.g. for solo...

apotheosis
replies: 24 views: 1,333
apotheosis 5th March 2021

I am more than sure that each of you have had this experience: You're sitting down with a music director to go over the...

joelpatterson
replies: 11 views: 573
Folkie 5th March 2021

Greetings, I need a suggestion for a stereo pair of mics for a two-mic recording setup for orchestra percussion instruments....

SkipBurz
replies: 8 views: 557
SkipBurz 4th March 2021

Hello, I’ve been working on a track where the verse and chorus are routed to a vox bus that has processing such as EQ,...

540code
replies: 4 views: 461
540code 4th March 2021

Here's a video which will hopefully refocus the viewer on a brighter and productive future, as this year unfurls itself. It's...

studer58
replies: 32 views: 1,371
studer58 3rd March 2021

Moderators