Quantcast
Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hello, I would like to record soundscapes, mostly nature based ambience from the forest and a bunch of singing birds. I...

delaforet
replies: 15 views: 839
Adebar 3 weeks ago

The Aura-Sonic crew and I had the pleasure to capture the 2008 Newport Jazz Festival. Our live music mix from the festival was...

Remoteness
replies: 56 views: 13,570
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

Hello, I'm also open to your suggestions for other products but... My friend is a vocalist but not very technical minded and Im...

yooo
replies: 7 views: 1,300
studer58 3 weeks ago

Besides not recognizing the microphones, some interesting things spotted. First, the guitar mic is on the instrument, not the...

Jeroko
replies: 5 views: 539
Jeroko 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone, this morning I found this new page on thomann's website : https://www.thomann.de/fr/superlux_s502mkii.htm Has...

Momboisse
replies: 41 views: 6,618
pieca 3 weeks ago

There might be more to the story of the mic and the (flawed) tube....and there's more than a tinge of sadness and fatefulness...

studer58
replies: 16 views: 1,803
kludgeaudio 3 weeks ago

I’ve been asked to record a solo cello performance, both video and audio, under some challenging circumstances. The room is...

Mediakobo
replies: 49 views: 1,595
Mediakobo 4 weeks ago

I was wondering if anyone has experience with these acoustic balls. I see that DPA has three sizes 1) Does anyone know if...

NathanShirley
replies: 72 views: 16,541
Matt Nolan 4 weeks ago

Was wondering if any of the board members who own a zoom f4/f8 could post an example of the .csv sound report file generated by...

neddy
replies: 2 views: 1,652
AmandaWalace 4 weeks ago

Here's an interesting use of spaced pairs....initially I thought the SD mics above on remote cables might be acting as the mid...

studer58
replies: 75 views: 5,572
king2070lplaya 4 weeks ago

A few years ago, there was a product called "Sony Soundforge", A late friend swore by it, and edited 100'sof tapes...

Peter Allison
replies: 13 views: 1,751
Thomas W. Bethe 4 weeks ago

I see that Rode have responded to user requests with firmware which allows the new dual channel Wireless Go II to record directly...

studer58
replies: 33 views: 1,169
JCBigler 4 weeks ago

DIY concert recording...circa 1973

studer58
replies: 0 views: 369
studer58 4 weeks ago

Well, we just got word today that our tour is cancelled until March 2021 at the earliest. We were supposed to go back in...

JCBigler
replies: 1,283 views: 47,237
studer58 4 weeks ago

Anyone done this? I have done a lot of singing in there over the years and recently I realized the ambience is pretty tight. The...

Sounds Great
replies: 27 views: 23,906
Fuzzy Logic 4 weeks ago

So I finally bit the bullet and got an MKH30. Want to step off AB for a minute and try it out mid-side mains for the 1st time on...

Klimermonk
replies: 3 views: 373
Rolo 46 4 weeks ago

Schoeps post a wood box picture of the latest product in facebook. Guess what is inside?...

9sbean
replies: 149 views: 24,136
studer58 13th May 2021

I have an old Zoom H4 and it just isn't cutting it for me anymore. Its settings tend to reset and the UI is a pain to navigate. I...

gradivus
replies: 15 views: 566
gradivus 11th May 2021

Neumann...so it must be good, right ? Indeed....what took them so long ? It's not as if there isn't a stiff field of...

studer58
replies: 35 views: 5,053
Fuzzy Logic 10th May 2021

From our very own Kevin Bourassa. king2070playa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NTdPMRhKXI Very nice recording and playing. I...

RayS
replies: 8 views: 738
Fuzzy Logic 10th May 2021

Hello, folks! I was rooting around for videos of one of my all-time favorites, Anthony Braxton, and found this awesome live...

tuba_noise
replies: 3 views: 364
jimjazzdad 10th May 2021

These were announced with much fanfare last year. And they looked like an exciting new venture by Rode. Retailers have had them...

John Pk
replies: 76 views: 9,956
dfghdhr 10th May 2021

I've been watching this video of Anna Netrebko and Elīna Garanča with a choir and orchestra by Deutsche...

tessitura
replies: 32 views: 1,335
jimjazzdad 9th May 2021

They will still be doing their live performances but without an audience present. They will be filmed and available for...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 4 views: 502
Thomas W. Bethe 7th May 2021

Hi, I've recently been curious about RCA ribbon mics and was wondering if anyone has any experience using them for classical...

MattG1987
replies: 9 views: 829
0VU 5th May 2021

Hello everyone, next month I will be recording an evening in a church with a local celebrity talking about historical facts...

puresounds
replies: 20 views: 1,016
puresounds 4th May 2021

Looks like they are producing omni caps for the sE 8 mics after...

tuba_noise
replies: 49 views: 3,707
singaiya 3rd May 2021

Got a call from a conductor to record a youth ensemble next week. It's been over a year since I've deployed a microphone in a...

Tommy-boy
replies: 4 views: 470
Tommy-boy 2nd May 2021

As someone with little recording experience, I have been mulling over recording approaches for a Jazz-formation to be recorded...

MaHei
replies: 48 views: 3,133
ajfarber 2nd May 2021

Starting last fall I have been lucky enough to provide the audio capture for a classical livestream series in a local church....

Folkie
replies: 0 views: 335
Folkie 2nd May 2021

Hi all, I purchased a pair of these for my KM183...

king2070lplaya
replies: 10 views: 544
MandoBastardo 1st May 2021

For an upcoming Ballet filming ..the production company is bringing in a VR 360 degrees team...... the audio tracks that will be...

RayS
replies: 9 views: 598
RayS 1st May 2021

We're in production this week for Tulsa Opera's Greenwood Overcomes concert which takes place this Saturday and Sunday. This is...

JCBigler
replies: 2 views: 314
Folkie 30th April 2021

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I am in need of some advice from all the amazing wealth of experience on this forum....

pianokeynut
replies: 10 views: 1,599
Bruce Watson 30th April 2021

Is anyone here working in immersive audio, whether for classical or other types of location recording/performance yet? There...

JCBigler
replies: 12 views: 838
JCBigler 30th April 2021

I’m thinking of updating my mobile recording setup to the Sonosax R4+/AD8+. After more than a decade of using a Prism ADA8 via...

Angus
replies: 2 views: 386
Angus 29th April 2021

There are several threads here in remote possibilities that we tell about our monitors etc. when we are at the gig, but what is...

jheath
replies: 12 views: 670
deedeeyeah 29th April 2021

Hi there! A friend and I want to work on a project for music remote workers (most likely a software, app or website). We would...

MattSoul
replies: 0 views: 278
MattSoul 29th April 2021

Due to almost everything being video these days, it is sometimes tricky to get the best mic placement without having mics...

jnorman
replies: 40 views: 1,619
deedeeyeah 29th April 2021

I have not done a live audio or video recording for the past 12 months. My equipment is in storage and has not been used during...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 34 views: 1,789
deedeeyeah 28th April 2021

Hi everyone! Direct-powered microphones (such as DPA4003, 4041S, and similar) are known for its top-notch sound performance,...

Dan Reso
replies: 38 views: 3,703
DAH 28th April 2021

Hi all, I don't believe I'm duplicating a thread anywhere discussing this already, apologies if so. I was just browsing...

Deleted 141eef3
replies: 13 views: 1,698
Orgeltonmeister 28th April 2021

Dear friends, I would want to acquire two KM143 (wide card) and more KM140. I have found many KM140 for sale, bought in 1991....

GIACOMO-_
replies: 9 views: 9,103
[email protected] 28th April 2021

The July/August issue of "Resolution" magazine profiles my career and work at The Ravinia Festival. Check the goods...

Plush
replies: 171 views: 21,629
emenelton 27th April 2021

Hi..i have a need for a battery pack with USB ports in order to power a Zoom H2N for a couple of things.. one is a long...

Pchicago
replies: 6 views: 374
loujudson 27th April 2021

Well, they may have renamed us space cases, but I will always be a gear slut. I love beautifully crafted professional gear of...

jnorman
replies: 38 views: 1,420
hbphotoav 27th April 2021

I learned about the SX-M2D2 here (@Plush). While it looks like a cool unit and the price seems right, I was wondering if it would...

johannburkard
replies: 87 views: 12,261
massimo 25th April 2021

Hello, i want to be able to record a live cd and/or a live video. I want to record the video and audio separate, and the sync...

hero4u
replies: 29 views: 786
Nielsbeard 25th April 2021

What is a "Gearslutz Fact?" I am increasingly concerned about what I term a "Gearslutz Fact." What is that,...

Plush
replies: 84 views: 6,385
Lucas_G 25th April 2021

Hi everyone! Looking for some more advice on cello recording: I have a Mix Pre-6 and two pairs of Line Audio CM4s (my own and...

Cello94
replies: 9 views: 632
didier.brest 25th April 2021

Moderators