The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Popular Tags: Remote Possibilities in Location Recording & Production
, , , ,

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

These recordings are of the 30 member High School Junior Choir associated with my church. I wasn't very familiar with the...

Chuck_S
replies: 6 views: 1,113
Chuck_S 3 weeks ago

I found the LP liner below as I was packing up my LPs for an upcoming move. It is likely from the mid-late '60s... just about the...

hbphotoav
replies: 2 views: 226
studer58 3 weeks ago

Only recently discovered this recording from 2019 with Matthias Goerne and Seong-Jin Cho called “Im Abendrot” featuring songs...

Lucas_G
replies: 93 views: 3,133
KM184 3 weeks ago

No, it's not your imagination...it really exists (the Phantom Violin Note/combo...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 406
jimjazzdad 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I am in need of some advice from all the amazing wealth of experience on this forum....

pianokeynut
replies: 15 views: 2,918
studer58 4 weeks ago

There must be an interesting backstory to the heavy-duty windshields in use at this concert. For some of these songs the drum...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 161
studer58 4 weeks ago

What's your preferred method of getting files to clients? Sync? Dropbox? Google Drive? . . .? Anyone still snail mail...

M50k
replies: 32 views: 1,627
tourtelot 4 weeks ago

XII festival of ringing "Danilovskie bells". Live as it is, cloudy, rain, wind 12-15 m / s, no rehearsal, no sound...

hipporu
replies: 12 views: 1,280
hipporu 4 weeks ago

8ch. Mic pre-amp Edax Audio Labs - MAX-800, anybody with experience

Gaston69
replies: 11 views: 5,898
CAT5 4 weeks ago

Back in the early '80's, when people first started offering to pay me to record their music and I decided to take this recording...

wildplum
replies: 4 views: 216
Folkie 4 weeks ago

Of course we always expect exemplary video and audio for the All of Bach (Netherlands Bach Society) series...and this latest...

studer58
replies: 13 views: 756
Lunar Attic 4 weeks ago

I have a session next Friday to record and video a young tenor and piano doing broadway tunes for a college audition. Normally...

jnorman
replies: 20 views: 581
hbphotoav 2nd November 2022

I did a very interesting event a few weeks ago when I was called on to record 12 pianos at San Francisco Botanical Garden’s...

wildplum
replies: 10 views: 366
deedeeyeah 31st October 2022

Hi all, New member, short time lurker here. For the past year or so I have been doing Gig Photography at local venues for...

JWAR1976
replies: 4 views: 366
chris661 31st October 2022

besides my political activities (which are rather depressing at the moment...), i'll be busy for the next couple of months with a...

deedeeyeah
replies: 105 views: 6,377
joelpatterson 29th October 2022

I'm sure every new concert hall has it's fair share of acoustic consultancy and control built into the design...but this hall in...

studer58
replies: 65 views: 2,587
M50k 28th October 2022

Good morning. I am an organist (and also a little audiophile...) and I want to buy equipment to properly record pipe organ in...

Organist
replies: 241 views: 18,582
jimjazzdad 27th October 2022

I am a big fan of a lot of Daniel Vallancien's recording's. All that wonderful BYG material and so on. Does anyone have a...

seby
replies: 0 views: 129
seby 27th October 2022

Would it dispel the magic if we knew the techniques? Some people think so. Rudy Van Gelder, on ensuring that his knowledge...

Silver Sonya
replies: 123 views: 19,677
studer58 27th October 2022

Anyone going to the AES show this month? Looking things over it seems like Joshua Reiss and I are going to be the only people...

kludgeaudio
replies: 40 views: 1,778
iFi audio 26th October 2022

I caught part of this on PBS last night. If you get a chance, it is worth your time. What a monster player and a fine human...

mandodon
replies: 6 views: 317
deedeeyeah 25th October 2022

Hey there, as title suggest i am looking for someone who is very good with setting up gear. I hope this is a thread i am able to...

Joewis75
replies: 1 views: 162
JayTee4303 25th October 2022

As a spinoff of another thread here, let's do a thread on flying mics (the thread title is © pkautzsch)... Show us your...

Dan_F
replies: 214 views: 58,580
mpdonahue 25th October 2022

For FX and Foley, esp if, as you say, doing your own post, I'd use MS (easier to handle inside and outside, particularly in the...

norfolksoundman9
replies: 0 views: 153
norfolksoundman9 24th October 2022

Here's something rather different and much more down-to-earth: a different type of remote recording from most that appear...

norfolksoundman9
replies: 4 views: 254
norfolksoundman9 24th October 2022

Hey everyone. I need some advice. I want to record sfx, both hard fx and foley, not to much ambience stuff but i still want...

Ascendaudio
replies: 0 views: 99
Ascendaudio 23rd October 2022

Greetings, I should be recording a string quintet and I have a couple of questions... I'm opting for two solution: stereo...

Fajele
replies: 25 views: 975
Plush 23rd October 2022

I currently have a pair of AKG C451B which are a bit noisy and also restrict me to X-Y being cardioid. I want some lower noise...

chelgrian
replies: 100 views: 7,512
txtx 23rd October 2022

I recorded a small (8-piece) Baroque ensemble with voice the other night in a nice-ish sounding church. When I arrived, I was...

tourtelot
replies: 32 views: 1,030
David Spearritt 23rd October 2022

12 saxes in a semicircle (see pic) makes it a.... dodecatet ? You bought it...you name it :lol: ! Pair of 9" (22cm)...

studer58
replies: 48 views: 2,946
BernieW 21st October 2022

Here are six audio clips. Yes, they're MP3's but they have to be downloadable to be listenable! This is the orchestra that I...

Alan H
replies: 64 views: 2,124
studer58 21st October 2022

Disappointed that the article doesn't go into more details on the equipment used, but sounds like a fun -- and very remote --...

Bob Ross
replies: 0 views: 132
Bob Ross 19th October 2022

I just did a little bit of digging, and noticed that the MKH8020 is no longer listed on the store pages of both Vintage King and...

tuba_noise
replies: 4 views: 595
chelgrian 17th October 2022

Well, there are a lot of threads about mic lockers, but I don't believe I've seen one dedicated to the location recording...

Remoteness
replies: 163 views: 29,215
Dzhizus 17th October 2022

Preferably, but not exclusive to current models.

M50k
replies: 83 views: 5,075
studer58 15th October 2022

Hi, I'm currently recording vocals for my new project, but my singer has a very dynamic voice. When I hear his voice acapella...

Hatov
replies: 11 views: 483
garysjo 14th October 2022

Well, that’s what the intro here is suggesting….in the Oct ‘22...

studer58
replies: 33 views: 1,245
deedeeyeah 13th October 2022

Hi! A long time reader here on Gearslutz, and I have learnt a lot from it. So thanks to everyone who is contributing! I have a...

whirl
replies: 39 views: 7,590
Chuck_S 11th October 2022

I’ve been using Neumann KH80s for a couple of years now, and am looking to upgrade but only if I will hear a significant...

jnorman
replies: 8 views: 612
zagamouel91 11th October 2022

This thread will probably go in multiple directions, perhaps even hacked apart... like great white sharks tearing into a dead...

studer58
replies: 5 views: 378
Thomas W. Bethe 11th October 2022

He used to be active in the remote forum. Haven't seem him post for years. Anybody know what he's been up to? Tom

Tommy-boy
replies: 1 views: 328
Remoteness 11th October 2022

I’ve got an interesting job coming up, 7 players, drums, upright bass, piano, 2 saxophones, trumpet and trombone. It’s a...

Roland
replies: 15 views: 567
RobAnderson 11th October 2022

I do a lot of remote and/or on location recordings, -I tend to record all sessions, even rehearsals, -mostly A/B recordings -a...

Thrip
replies: 48 views: 10,455
Aragon 10th October 2022

Hi I’m about to do sound for the local amateur theater. I already did it this summer and they want me to help again next...

Ninecows
replies: 3 views: 183
deedeeyeah 10th October 2022

It’s not recorded in a great space…but at least the gaps between samples are short, plus you get comparisons between omni...

studer58
replies: 0 views: 160
studer58 9th October 2022

Article by Christian Amonson In 2000, audio recording engineers in DC were getting $1600 per day of recording (under 24...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 7 views: 397
Plush 8th October 2022

So far I was using FabFilter Q3. By chance I tried Maat EQ Red, Orange etc. and was quite surprised that the result sounds quite...

ISedlacek
replies: 17 views: 2,403
M50k 8th October 2022

Happy Friday, GS! Tomorrow, I have the honor and pleasure of joining the great Adrian Quesada for his set at the Austin City...

Progger
replies: 0 views: 104
Progger 7th October 2022

What do you do, having decided the room sounds nice and you spend the afternoon setting up your decca tree with nice M50-type...

richgilb
replies: 58 views: 4,601
Thomas W. Bethe 7th October 2022

Before the pandemic the amount of remote recordings we were doing dropped off considerably. This was due to a lot of factors....

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 46 views: 2,162
Thomas W. Bethe 7th October 2022

Moderators